Why my transplanted hair miniaturize 9 months Post operation

Hi,

I had a transplant 15 months ago by reputable surgeon which member of the IAHRS. I have and have no donor miniaturization (even confirmed by several othe doctors)

Nevertheless, 9 months post OP my transplanted hair started to fall out an miniaturize until now. Even now I am shedding a lot and the hair which falls out is very thin and colorless and thin at root and dark and thick at the other end. I never had hairs with such a contrast. How is it possible? I am on no medication due to side effects

1 hour ago, Blub10 said:

Hi,

I had a transplant 15 months ago by reputable surgeon which member of the IAHRS. I have and have no donor miniaturization (even confirmed by several othe doctors)

Nevertheless, 9 months post OP my transplanted hair started to fall out an miniaturize until now. Even now I am shedding a lot and the hair which falls out is very thin and colorless and thin at root and dark and thick at the other end. I never had hairs with such a contrast. How is it possible? I am on no medication due to side effects

You need the meds… 

• Administrators

I would be shocked if it was your transplanted hair that thinned out. Can you share some before and after pictures? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

that is a weird occurrence, even if its the transplanted hair, it shouldn't be miniaturized that fast, its possible that it's due to other factors as well such as stress etc.

from these vids, what i learned + some other people claim that it does miniaturise but it shouldn't be so fast even without meds.

i still plan on getting one and hold on to them using meds though, it should hopefully last me until older age where it's more normal that people are balding. *they did say it last a very long time if you take care of them and use meds, hoping for at least 25 years, where people more my age will be somewhat bald anyway lol. i think a loan for that long on my looks is worth it.

*i'm not sure if youtube link is allowed but please help me remove if it's not allowed, or ask me to remove it.

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed video

I will post some before and after Photos

The Doctor said my Grafts had a good Quality and meds are not needed

Furthermore why meds if the donor hair hair is supposed to be DHT resistant?

Edited by Blub10

Are you sure it's not your existing hair that's falling out? 

I'm on finasteride and from time to time I see hair fall out like how you described. 

Thicker top, thinner at root with bulb.  It sounds more like the existing hair falling out and not transplanted.  

• 1 year later...
On 5/1/2022 at 4:06 PM, Blub10 said:

I will post some before and after Photos

The Doctor said my Grafts had a good Quality and meds are not needed

Furthermore why meds if the donor hair hair is supposed to be DHT resistant?

There is no such thing as "dht resisitant" hairs lol get on fin rn.