Nordwood scale 7; thin donor are - Is there any hope?

I am 28 years old and I started balding 4 years ago then it got too aggressive 2 years ago. I used minoxidil on and off (was not too sure if it was helping). I consulted a few clinics in Turkey and Dubai, one of them said that I can have 4000 grafts planted from the donor area and one said that at max 2500 can be planted. One of them said it's a hopeless case. I am open to using body and beard hair, as well as multiple sessions and get the best possible results. What do you guys think looking at the images?

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-25 at 11.12.09 AM (6).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-25 at 11.12.09 AM (5).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-25 at 11.12.09 AM (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-25 at 11.12.09 AM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-25 at 11.12.09 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-25 at 11.12.08 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-25 at 11.12.09 AM.jpeg

• Administrators

To be honest, it’s probably best to shave, it will be a difficult journey ahead for surgery. It will require multiple procedures time and money. It will never be perfect and you will always have a semi-balding appearance. Is this something you really want? That’s what you have to ask yourself.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You should grow your donor out longer before submitting any pictures, as it is hard to say what your safe zone actually is.

I would consult with Eugenix after letting your donor grow for 1 to 2 months, send the high resolution pictures of your donor and beard area as well, and see if you have the budget for their highest package.

Ideally you would also be on finasteride to see if it can strengthen your donor, but you need to be on it for at least 6 months to evaluate this (preferably one year).

If not, I would advise to just shave your head and move on.

Edited by asterix0
  • Like 1

If you don't plan on taking meds, i'd day don't.

You probably need 2500 just to fill the left and right side, but that won't help if your native hair recedes again.

You can still get an ok look with hairline transplant + hair system, but the hairline will probably last only some year to a decade without meds looking at your current situation. 

I feel you, we're around the same age and no men should have lost that much so early...

On the bright side, you seem to have amazing beard which could help if you want to move them.

• Valued Contributor

If you were say 50 I would say consult with clinics such as Eugenix, etc. But at 28 I think you are really running a high risk of being left with scars over the lifespan and regret that you cannot shave your head as a result. Have you thought of SMP or wearing a hair piece? I'm not a doctor. I would love to say go for it but I think you will be happier in the long run if you pass on surgery. Over time you may feel the same way. All the best!