FUE HT Doctor Help

Hi.  I am 27 Years Old.. I turn 28 In a few months.  I have had hair-loss since around I was 22.  I have been on Propecia/Rogaine for at least 3 years.

- I have obviously been trying to pass as much time as I could before Surgery because I know I am younger, but I am leaning more towards making the decision to do so (FUE).

- I have a list of doctors that I mainly gathered from here and some from Results I have seen elsewhere, but I really need help narrowing it down if possible.  I live in the US, but would consider travel out of country If I had to.

- The doctors I have gathered are: 

- Dr. Bisanga (Told me 3000 Grafts through online consultation)

- Dr. Reddy (Informed me to try and delay surgery around 6 months ago.  I have another appointment with him next month)

- Dr. Munib Ahmad (FueGenix...has told me 2000 Grafts through online consult)

- I am waiting for my consultation appointments from Dr. Freitas (Not too familiar with) and also Dr. Cotellessa (Her video results online have looked amazing)

- I reached out to Dr. Konior because of how highly everyone talks about him on here.   He quoted me at 2000 Grafts, but informed me his wait was too long and pointed me in the directions of Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Cooley, and Dr. Gabel (I have not done any research into them yet as if I feel the list can go on forever).

I have attached photos below.  I obviously like to wear my hair short so FUE is my preferred choice.  I would love to hear opinions on Doctors, or at least point me in the right direction with narrowing my list.  Thank you

3D6C35C7-5635-4A8C-B94E-576567E0E17A-3377-0000035A290EE2BF.jpg

10C7E301-F2E4-4BA7-8404-829114E59C70-3377-0000035A2969ABF5.jpg

D734857A-CD4E-40FC-B194-275551F4F56B-3377-0000035A294D5042.jpg

E3872F7C-B6E2-449C-B3C5-904D31664C2C-3377-0000035A28E5AD68.jpg

02A79859-2E57-4822-90FD-711DD776ACA1-3377-0000035D69296F82.jpg

FC6A924A-642D-4EEF-9DAE-695A84DDF510-3377-0000035A29304E5C.jpg

As part of your research, find out if the doctor has a Fellowship in hair.  

2000-2500 grafts is a typical range for cases similar to your own.  You do keep your hair tightly shaven so FUE is in order.  Just make sure the instrumentation is smaller than .9mm.  This will create a micro-scar which will not be discernable to the eye. 

Glad to hear you are on the medical therapies.  The problem I find with them is one of expectations.  Most people get frustrated when they see no visual change not understanding the meds are not designed for you to grow anything. Rather, they are to help you retain.  Thus, if a year later you look the same, the meds did what they were intended to do.  You could consider PRP/Laser.  If done properly, these can help reverse the thinning.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

1 hour ago, Joe2432 said:

he quoted me at 2000 Grafts, but informed me his wait was too long

did he say how long the wait was? He regularly has wait times of 1 yr or so.

Very interesting/curious he would deny you simply on wait time, when he is quite infamous for having long wait times. 

Is he not taking on any new patients at all? 

38 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

As part of your research, find out if the doctor has a Fellowship in hair.  

2000-2500 grafts is a typical range for cases similar to your own.  You do keep your hair tightly shaven so FUE is in order.  Just make sure the instrumentation is smaller than .9mm.  This will create a micro-scar which will not be discernable to the eye. 

Glad to hear you are on the medical therapies.  The problem I find with them is one of expectations.  Most people get frustrated when they see no visual change not understanding the meds are not designed for you to grow anything. Rather, they are to help you retain.  Thus, if a year later you look the same, the meds did what they were intended to do.  You could consider PRP/Laser.  If done properly, these can help reverse the thinning.

The .9mm is great advice.  Thank you. I needed to hear that.   I also do Laser a couple times per week.  Do you have any input on the Doctors below? 

8 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

did he say how long the wait was? He regularly has wait times of 1 yr or so.

Very interesting/curious he would deny you simply on wait time, when he is quite infamous for having long wait times. 

Is he not taking on any new patients at all? 

He said he had clients in line all the way until the end of 2023.  I asked for a cancellation list but he said he already had dozens on the list.  He was professional and wasn't rude about it.  But it wasn't the best thing to hear since I know he is in the US.  Would of been easier traveling. 

53 minutes ago, Joe2432 said:

He said he had clients in line all the way until the end of 2023.  I asked for a cancellation list but he said he already had dozens on the list.

I guess I'm still somewhat curious because there have been a significant # of Konior patients on this forum from last yr and this year who only had 3-10 months wait time. 

Maybe that was due to COVID though, and with things getting back to normal the waitlist is getting longer. 

Oh well, at least you won't be paying $14/graft and can hold onto more of your money 🤣

57 minutes ago, Joe2432 said:

The .9mm is great advice.  Thank you. I needed to hear that.   I also do Laser a couple times per week.  Do you have any input on the Doctors below? 

Are you open to traveling to Texas? (Houston).

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• Administrators

I suggest expanding your list, there are some good names, but there’s a lot more out there. 

I would send several consultations out to get a general consensus, then start weeding some out based on cost and convenience. 
https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I suggest expanding your list, there are some good names, but there’s a lot more out there. 

I would send several consultations out to get a general consensus, then start weeding some out based on cost and convenience. 
https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I know you probably get asked a ton.   But is there any others you recommend?  Just trying to get pointed in the right direction.  Thank you for your help 

24 minutes ago, Joe2432 said:

Yes 

Just PM you.  

On 4/20/2022 at 3:51 PM, MachoVato said:

Of that list, Bisanga and De Freitas are the best. De Freitas takes a couple months to get an online evaluation.

Thanks for feedback.  I'm currently waiting two months for Freitas for the consultation.    I've seen you went to Bisanga before.  I know his reputation is great, but would you trust him with a hairline procedure?   Any other Doctors you recommend?   Thanks again 

On 4/22/2022 at 9:01 PM, Chetman2112 said:

I’m surprised Dr. Konior did not recommend Dr. Nadimi, did he mention her as she works in his office and I was told approximately 7 months out. 

He did not mention her as far as I'm aware.  I'm assuming she is a doctor who he has taught?