How many grafts Estimate?

Looking to create new hairline and temples /reduce forehead.

From globella to hair line is about 7cm.  Looking to lower by at least 1cm.  

Assuming the blue line in frontal view pic is 1cm, how many do you think I’ll need?

I’m thinking 3k grafts FUE.  

9E8EC8B1-856F-4815-B31C-9897124F1225.jpeg

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed pictures with eyes

• Valued Contributor

I wouldn't be looking for a 6cm hairline. That's not a hard and fast rule as everything has to be taken into consideration. But you do want a hairline that you will grow into as you get older as opposed to a hairline that you will grow out of.

• Like 2

can you post a profile photo from the side? i think that would help.

other than that how old are you? like gatsby and egy said,normally people have their hair recedes a bit by bit even if they dont suffer from MPB

iirc can ballpark this numbers *might be wrong, also these numbers are from glabella
6cm, a youthful hairline, normally those in youth or early 20s, ill advised to be worked into this point as at older age, you will look weird , in a way where your face doesnt comform to your hairline

7cm, is a safe number to be, this appear to be your number?

normally people do 7-9cm as the baseline unless they're of high norwood.

other than those number, you can also use face golden ratio to count how far your forehead can or should be filled in order to achieve a good synergy.

TLDR/can't decide on the correct ratio or distance :
7-9 cm from glabella is the usual fill for most HT unless high norwood

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

The other thing of note is that by blocking out the lower part of your face below the eyes makes your hairline appear higher than it really looks as we cannot see how long your face is. Having said this I do understand wanting to remaining anonymous. Maybe if you could block out the middle of your face only then we could get a better understanding of your facial dynamics. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Too low IMO, I don’t actually think it would frame your face particularly well. Out of curiosity where would you say your original hairline was? If you do some consulting you would get a much better idea of where they would propose a new hairline, as @Gatsbysaid this would be one that would be suitable for now and the future. 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As much as we all like to have a idea of where we want out new hairline to be, it’s best to leave it up to the Clinic/Dr to guide us. They have the knowledge and skill to ensure it’s going to be suitable. At least the decent/elite ones will 👍🏽

• Like 1

Looking at the new angles, i can see why you want to lower your hairline, and speaking of the ratio, you can do with ajother 1cm or 1.5cm *this is just an opinion

How did you measure your distance btw? Did you stick a tape, following your head contour, or did you count the distance purely vertically?

But do take note of your age and current hairline. From what i see your hairline looks very natural, its unlike where people have a U or V shape, it's seems to be receeding just slightly, and seems very appropriate. I think many would say you don't need any HT.

How old are you?

Note : take everything i say with a grain of salt *not literally 😛

I used a ruler; guess I can try again with a piece of string or similar.

Certain angles (front view) the hairline looks fine or only slightly high, but, on the sides with little temple it shows too much forehead which is why I was saying 0.5-1cm lowering and mostly concentrating on filling in the temples.

41yo

Fin for 15yrs.

Oh nice, like that i think your hair won't change drasticalky in the future unless meds stop working on you or something, esp with your age, i think you'll still have a healthy amount of hair even way later.

You dont "need" the HT but you can use one, i think 3k estimate works depending how you the temple will be shaped and how low you want it.

Go to a good surgeon and i think you'll be set!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 2:54 AM, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Thank you for sharing more pictures. You would require around 2000 grafts for your hairline lowering with adequate density. This is if you really want to go for the hairline lowering.

Thanks.

Read recently about Sethi at your clinic, seems this might be up his alley.

• Like 2

Honestly, I'll go against the grain and say that I don't think the hairline he drew is too low.  Could it be higher?  Sure.  But I don't think it would look bad at all.

EDIT:  Also, if using the rule of thirds, his drawn hairline pretty much follows said rule pretty well.  His forehead is the biggest out of both.  

Edited by Fue3361

Check out my journey here: