How many grafts do I need to get good density? Appreciate the answers!

• Valued Contributor

It's really too hard to tell by that photo to be honest. If I was to go by that photo I would definitely say you don't need surgery. Your outlined new hairline is far too low and will look unnatural. You would be grafting into the muscles on the front of your forehead. Again I'm just going by your photo. All the best!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Can you show where your eyebrows are in the picture? Because the distance between the glabella (the spot between your two eye brows) and the midpoint of your hairline is where you would measure the height of your hair line. The reason for this is because you do not want a juvenile hairline as you get older. You need a hairline for the rest of your life that you will grown into and not out of. At the end of the day the right hairline height is the one that looks 'natural.' There is a difference between a 'successfully natural hairline' and a desired one. But using the forehead wrinkles on your forehead as a rough guide in this pic that hairline looks like an aggressive widow's peak to me.

Another thing you need to keep in mind is the supply - demand ratio. If you have a hairline too low you will be chasing that hairline for the rest of your life with grafts that would later be best served for further surgery. Remember MPB is progressive. Also can you provide more details (ie age, medication you may be on to slow down MPB, pictures of your donor, etc)? The more information you can provide about your situation then the more accurate the answers we can provide. All the best!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I appreciate the help. But I honestly just wanted to know how many grafts that would be. Ofc the hairline is a bit too aggressive. But considering my facial proportions it would be aesthetic. Doesn’t mean I will go with that. However I appreciate the honesty. 

Well, my assumption would be around 1000 - 1300 FU, but you can measure the area easily and multiply with 55. 

But this forum's members have a lot of knowledge, and even the most knowledgeable ask for advice. Why? Judging yourself is very difficult.  

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 3:11 PM, SteveUrkel02 said:

@Gatsby I have a very high forehead. So the hairline wouldn’t be too low. Here is a better shot. 

A741168D-9641-4610-BC43-3BFB0FF5125A.jpeg

Please do post a picture with your eyebrows in sight. We can then assess the distance between the glabella and the hairline. You should also use Finasteride if you have male pattern baldness. If you have a naturally high hairline and if you want to just lower your hairline then you don't need finasteride. We shall wait for your updated pictures along with the eyebrows. Wish you the best!

• Like 1