What should I do? 12 days post-op

Reijo

Hi guys. It's my 12th day post-op today, 2 days after the first head wash and it seems like all the grafts are already in place. As I wonder in the internet, I've seen couple of ways to improve hair growth and make sure that the transplanted hair will grow healthy. I do hope you can help me answer these questions I have below to help me hair growth. 
1. Does taking Biotin food supplement helps in hair growth?

2. As you can see, my crown is really not that healthy and I have to do something about it and doctor suggested a 2nd FUE HT for that area but I'm not really fond of it. My question is, is there any way I can promote hair growth in that specific area? Can Micro-needling help in that? 

3. Given that it's the 12th day post-op today, around what day can I expect the redness on the trasnplanted area to be gone?

4. Can I go back to my old shampoo (Avalon Organics Biotin shampoo and conditioner) or do I still need to use baby shampoo at this stage?

I hope you guys have patience on answering my questions. I would really appreciate any help or suggestion on how to increase hair growth specially on my crown. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day ahead.

1976171149_WhatsAppImage2022-04-07at11_27_41AM.thumb.jpeg.9ff43dc2414118c57adf7df5a30c12db.jpeg

I don't really know for sure if Biotin and MSM tablets make much of a difference but everyone says to do it and i did it too. it can't hurt, so you might as well.

rub aloe vera gel on your scalp a few times a day for the next few months to help with redness

can't remember what was said about shampoo to be honest...maybe a couple of weeks before switching back? 

microneedling (1 mm and once every 6 weeks) might help your crown but minoxidil and finasteride are the main things

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

1 hour ago, TommyLucchese said:

I don't really know for sure if Biotin and MSM tablets make much of a difference but everyone says to do it and i did it too. it can't hurt, so you might as well.

rub aloe vera gel on your scalp a few times a day for the next few months to help with redness

can't remember what was said about shampoo to be honest...maybe a couple of weeks before switching back? 

microneedling (1 mm and once every 6 weeks) might help your crown but minoxidil and finasteride are the main things

Thank you for the answer. I can probably do with finasteride but minoxidil has more bad side effects to me than good ones. That's why I'm thinking of just taking the oral pills for it. I went ahead with the Biotin supplements and ordered a bottle that is good for at least 3mos. I hope it can help out on the growth. 

Did you also try microneedling? I can see so many testimony that it really helped them grow hair on parts that they thought is dead already. If you've tried it, can you suggest a brand to use?

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

Do you have a pre op pic? Which surgeon did you choose?

“I got it here in Dubai. The name of the clinic is Seven-D Medical Center” Grabbed that quote from his other post 👍🏽

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Do you have a pre op pic? Which surgeon did you choose?

These are the stages...

1st pic: Pre-OP

2nd pic: 1 day Post-OP

3rd pic: 12 days Post-OP

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-07 at 4.08.31 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-07 at 4.08.42 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-07 at 11.27.41 AM.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Going by these pics you have really covered most of the frontal third. Did the surgeon inform you prior to the surgery that you will need further surgery or was this after the surgery? Finasteride is really your best hope in maintaining your hair in the mid section, vertex and crown. However you will need further surgery to cover these areas. Did the surgeon mention how grafts were used and how many grafts you have left in the bank?

39 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

@ReijoYou said before it was approx 2.5k grafts, did the clinic ever confirm this? 

Hi. Yes they did. I spoke to the doctor and he said that it's 2550 grafts in total. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...