3 years after 2500 grafts.

Can't really afford another transplant at the moment nor do I have the time. Am maintaining using meds and haven't noticed any worsening since which means the meds are working.

However my hairline is still see through and not sure if fibers or some form of disguise spray would work and also look natural but without hassle applying ect. Screenshot_20220404-201221_Gallery.jpg.b0f57b2318d7bb86d401ce1301894cac.jpg

29 minutes ago, Whufcdanny95 said:

Can't really afford another transplant at the moment nor do I have the time. Am maintaining using meds and haven't noticed any worsening since which means the meds are working.

However my hairline is still see through and not sure if fibers or some form of disguise spray would work and also look natural but without hassle applying ect. Screenshot_20220404-201221_Gallery.jpg.b0f57b2318d7bb86d401ce1301894cac.jpg

There is an awesome product called Batiste Dry Shampoo. Basically it is just a spray that cleans your hair when it looks like it's time to wash it, but the trick is that besides making it look clean and bouncy, it adds a brown textured color to the hair and the scalp, giving you a fuller look. Not to mention great volume. It's quite a nice product! Just don't get any on your hairline or forehead so aim it well! 

I don't use it everyday.  Only when i go out on the weekend for some confidence 

4065_s.jpg.7d6b493a2db682c57212bce607990942.jpg

Just now, Ryan Daniel said:

There is an awesome product called Batiste Dry Shampoo. Basically it is just a spray that cleans your hair when it looks like it's time to wash it, but the trick is that besides making it look clean and bouncy, it adds a brown textured color to the hair and the scalp, giving you a fuller look. Not to mention great volume. It's quite a nice product! Just don't get any on your hairline or forehead so aim it well! 

I don't use it everyday.  Only when i go out on the weekend for some confidence 

4065_s.jpg.7d6b493a2db682c57212bce607990942.jpg

Thanks mate I'll give it a go. I mean I can style it differently, more to the side and then no one can notice a thing. I mean hairloss has stabilised and is a he'll of a lot better then it was in 2019. If I'm honest I didn't really know about forum and research so just had a look on Google and spoke to a few different ones and just went for it 😂

Hair fibers and/or Dermmatch would thicken that up easily. Be careful about making it too thick and looking un-natural though. Looking at your first picture, the temple points and closures angles on the sides of your head appear pretty soft from thinning recession. A thick dense looking hairline along the top paired with thinner receding sides can be a dead giveaway.

Edited by ciaus

2 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Hair fibers and/or Dermmatch would thicken that up easily. Be careful about making it too thick and looking un-natural though. Looking at your first picture, the temple points and closures angles on the sides of your head appear pretty soft from thinning recession. A thick dense looking hairline along the top paired with thinner receding sides can be a dead giveaway.

Them areas are transplanted though so will that continue to thin? And thankyou 

20 minutes ago, Whufcdanny95 said:

Them areas are transplanted though so will that continue to thin? And thankyou 

You had your temple points and hairline angle closures completely rebuilt? I'm referring to this area in the generic pic below marked with red. If the hair transplant just thickened those areas up, keep an eye on the remaining existing hairs that weren't transplanted in that area, because the meds may only be able to slow down their thinning rates. Its harder to hold on to that front hair line along the top and sides forever even with meds, because its usually the most vulnerable to DHT. Wouldn't be the end of the world though, and you may be able to delay getting additional work for decades if you can get good and creative with the dermmatch and hair fibers.

image.png.07b919c783463540abd398d346e57b37.png

2 minutes ago, ciaus said:

You had your temple points and hairline angle closures completely rebuilt? I'm referring to this area in the generic pic below marked with red. If the hair transplant just thickened those areas up, keep an eye on the remaining existing hairs that weren't transplanted in that area, because the meds may only be able to slow down their thinning rates. Its harder to hold on to that front hair line along the top and sides forever even with meds, because its usually the most vulnerable to DHT. Wouldn't be the end of the world though, and you may be able to delay getting additional work for decades if you can get good and creative with the dermmatch and hair fibers.

image.png.07b919c783463540abd398d346e57b37.png

What fibres would you recommend? And I am currently taking dutasteride and oral min so hopefully I can hang on a few years 😅 

40 minutes ago, Whufcdanny95 said:

What fibres would you recommend? And I am currently taking dutasteride and oral min so hopefully I can hang on a few years 😅 

I started using Toppik brand fibers but eventually switched to another brand called XFusion, both are on amazon. Works just as good and cheaper than toppik to this day so far.

image.thumb.png.a279d00f7b9838211e13e33cb48d584e.png

8 hours ago, ciaus said:

I started using Toppik brand fibers but eventually switched to another brand called XFusion, both are on amazon. Works just as good and cheaper than toppik to this day so far.

image.thumb.png.a279d00f7b9838211e13e33cb48d584e.png

How's it in rain ect? And how does it work when styling hair? Can I still use wax ect? Thankyou

If you live where it rains alot, even heavier rains, Dermmatch can hold up if you don't over apply it.  Hair fibers you're talking small dry particles that work by sticking to your hairs, enough water is going to cause chaos on that scenario, worse case some of it running down your face. For lighter rain over short time/distance like to your car or a block or two walk should be ok. I've always used dermmatch and hair fibers together, first the dermmatch, apply and comb it into the hair, then do some touch up with hair fibers as needed, then style it the way I want, then hair spray. Not sure about how wax will work with hair fibers. You may want to start by trying just dermmatch with the wax. It could be enough since you don't need that much of a thicker appearance and it will hold up better if you get wet. Melvin did a topic with a video showing how he applies it. I also posted on there some tips from my experience worth reading.