5 Days post-op and I'm scared

Reijo

Hi guys. This is a picture of my transplanted area 5 days post-op. The clinic told me to start washing it with baby shampoo and water from yesterday but still no touching. You can see that all the grafts has a blood clot tied to it and I'm scared that once these blood clots got cleaned on Day 10 when I get back to the clinic, the grafts will also be gone. Does anybody had the same experience? I'm getting depressed now since I saw in some videos that grafts that has blood clot on it won't likely to survive. Please, if anyone had the same experience or knows how to deal with it(if it's not yet too late), let me know. 

5 days post op.jpeg

12 minutes ago, devnull said:

Sorry, I don't get the problem, blood clots appear, but shouldnt be an issue.  

I washed my face earlier today and when I raised my head, a dried blood clot fell off with a hair on it. When I checked whare was it from, it's from the first line of my hairline. I got a bit scared that when they wash my head on the 10th day, all of these dried blood clots will also take away the implanted grafts.

6 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

The grafts are very secure at day 3-4, scabbing is normal, nothing to worry about. 🙏 Where did you get the transplant done? Just wondering how many grafts etc? 

I got it here in Dubai. The name of the clinic is Seven-D Medical Center. I think it's about 2500 grafts or so. So based on how it looks right now on its 5th day, everything is normal, right? 

• Like 1

You should speak with your doctor, he should inform you about this is normal. Actually you don't loose the actual hair papilla, just hair with some tissue.

Total normal. 

Edited by devnull

1 minute ago, Reijo said:

I washed my face earlier today and when I raised my head, a dried blood clot fell off with a hair on it. When I checked whare was it from, it's from the first line of my hairline. I got a bit scared that when they wash my head on the 10th day, all of these dried blood clots will also take away the implanted grafts.

No they won’t, they are firmly anchored from day 3ish, after this point they would need to be surgically removed. A lost graft happens very early on, and is very noticeable as it will be accompanied by a stream/long trickle of blood and pain. 

2 minutes ago, Reijo said:

I got it here in Dubai. The name of the clinic is Seven-D Medical Center. I think it's about 2500 grafts or so. So based on how it looks right now on its 5th day, everything is normal, right? 

Yes 👍🏽 normal looking, just carry on following the clinics after care instructions. 

9 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

No they won’t, they are firmly anchored from day 3ish, after this point they would need to be surgically removed. A lost graft happens very early on, and is very noticeable as it will be accompanied by a stream/long trickle of blood and pain. 

Oh that's very reassuring. So, safe to say that all these transplanted grafts are already in place, right? 

11 minutes ago, devnull said:

You should speak with your doctor, he should inform you about this is normal. Actually you don't loose the actual hair papilla, just hair with some tissue.

Total normal. 

I'm trying but I can't get through him. It's only the technicians/nurses I'm able to reach that's why some of my concerns are really bothering me. 

8 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Im unfamiliar with the clinic, was it a tech based procedure or did the Dr do the incisions? Really they should have given a exact graft count. 

The Dr did the incisions. They just rounded off the amount but one of the technicians who's separating my grafts when extracted said it's somewhere between 2580ish. 

Yes I'm still doing the after care procedures, I'm just being carried away by the videos I'm seeing in youtube since some of them looks far from what I'm currently in. But thank you so much for responding. This is really reassuring 😊

Just now, Reijo said:

Oh that's very reassuring. So, safe to say that all these transplanted grafts are already in place, right? 

I don’t see any areas where you could have even dislodged a graft, it’s very noticeable when it does occur. If I’m wrong I will eat my non existent hat 😉