2nd Transplant on a budget: Help me find the best clinic pls!

Hello everyone this is my very first post :)
I am 32 years old - Been on finasteride for the past 3 years - Just resumed Minoxidil.

I had my first transplant in Turkey in 2017. It was done by Clinicana and I think they did a semi decent job considering its an hair mill.
They said they implanted me around 3k grafts ( I do think it was a significant smaller number more like 2k) 

I am now researching for my second transplant and would like to do things properly.

My max budget is 5k Euros and I live in Europe could you please advise me a good clinic?

Clinics I have contacted so far:
Hair of Istanbul (Not interested)
Now Hair Time (Not interested)
Ozlem Bicer (Too expensive - Cannot afford 7k Euros)
AEK Clinic by Dr. Ali Emre Karadeniz (I was tempted due to his involvement in ABHRS  - ISHRS but decided not to move forward)
Eugenix (Cannot afford 7k Euros)

I am seriously considering AHD by DR. Hakan Dogonay ( I can only afford the package with his assistants ) Why I think he's good?
 - They were the only ones to offer to split the surgery in 2 days for optimal results
- They perform only 2 transplants a day (1 by the DR one by Tecnithians)
- Good price ( I know is not all about the price !)
- I've seen lots of good results online 

I am currently awaiting for DR Yaman reply. and Dr.Sikos Hajbeültetés.

Could please advise me some affordable & safe clinics in Europe?
Also how many grafts do you think I'll need?
Will I be able to achieve a good density?
I still have hair in my mild scalp is there a risk of shock loss  - Will I benefit from a transplant or do more harm?

Thanks everyone!
Before.thumb.png.124c93f9c8bfb3bb6aceb2ee0ff6d9f6.png

Screenshot_20220330-205528.thumb.jpg.8c688c6b6f10bcf36f15b27eae7e5d5c.jpg
Screenshot_20220330-205537.thumb.jpg.f1e8dd2dca3c5f691737a44ad5e4e917.jpgScreenshot_20220330-205544.thumb.jpg.d82111d569935587ffcd8b2335407749.jpgScreenshot_20220330-205607.thumb.jpg.d45baff04a003d4e8c84d2dcbe82bf4a.jpg755106816_Group3.thumb.png.f964790b00cb8df9739ed6296249e35a.png1526932177_Group2.thumb.png.aa71046e97b2f0ccc92de69cd5d300de.png672160382_Group1.thumb.png.1b48618b8513e7f0f043ab5d02f81985.png

Edited by Chilifight
Amend

If I can be blunt, your heading for another poor result in looking at some of these “Clinics” / Hair Mills. You have had one poor procedure, don’t waste more of your finite donor supply on anther. If you need to save, then wait until you can get a decent Dr. You don’t want a tech based procedure from anyone. Look for a Dr who will at least be doing the incision step. 
If you really want a affordable Dr then choose Yaman, Demirsoy but to be honest you will do better In choosing Dr Bicer. 
The first procedure looks to be around 1800 grafts and had a poor yield, you really do need a much better Dr/Clinic this time around. 
We all love a bargain, but when it comes to a hair transplant this is something you will need to spend a certain amount to get a decent choice and increase the likelihood it will end up a good result. It’s not going to be with a tech team, it’s going to be a Dr which is putting out consistent results. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

If I can be blunt, your heading for another poor result in looking at some of these “Clinics” / Hair Mills. You have had one poor procedure, don’t waste more of your finite donor supply on anther. If you need to save, then wait until you can get a decent Dr. You don’t want a tech based procedure from anyone. Look for a Dr who will at least be doing the incision step. 
If you really want a affordable Dr then choose Yaman, Demirsoy but to be honest you will do better In choosing Dr Bicer. 
The first procedure looks to be around 1800 grafts and had a poor yield, you really do need a much better Dr/Clinic this time around. 
We all love a bargain, but when it comes to a hair transplant this is something you will need to spend a certain amount to get a decent choice and increase the likelihood it will end up a good result. It’s not going to be with a tech team, it’s going to be a Dr which is putting out consistent results. 

Thanks for you reply.
I have reached out to Dr Yaman and just contacted Demirsoy.
What are your thoughts about DR. Hakan Dogonay? his technicians only perform one transplant a day and they would do mine in 2 day to maximise results?
Do you think its is feasible to keep the cost under 5k Euros?

Just now, Chilifight said:

Thanks for you reply.
I have reached out to Dr Yaman and just contacted Demirsoy.
What are your thoughts about DR. Hakan Dogonay? his technicians only perform one transplant a day and they would do mine in 2 day to maximise results?
Do you think its is feasible to keep the cost under 5k Euros?

I would say no to any totally tech driven procedure regardless if it’s split in to more  than one day. Dr Yaman and Dr Demirsoy would the absolutely lowest cost whilst still having actual involvement. But as I said Dr Bicer is a better option, it’s absolutely worth saving more! You can’t afford to take another chance, This is why you should not roll the dice, go for someone that is going to give you the best chance for a decent result. 

1 minute ago, J.A.C said:

I would say no to any totally tech driven procedure regardless if it’s split in to more  than one day. Dr Yaman and Dr Demirsoy would the absolutely lowest cost whilst still having actual involvement. But as I said Dr Bicer is a better option, it’s absolutely worth saving more! You can’t afford to take another chance, This is why you should not roll the dice, go for someone that is going to give you the best chance for a decent result. 

Thanks for your advice - I will await on  Dr Yaman and Dr Demirsoy quotes.
Finally,I still have hair in my mild scalp is there a risk of shock loss  - Will I benefit from a transplant or do more harm?

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice - I will await on  Dr Yaman and Dr Demirsoy quotes.
Finally,I still have hair in my mild scalp is there a risk of shock loss  - Will I benefit from a transplant or do more harm?

Temporary shock loss can occur but it’s not that common, permanent shock loss is rarer still. 

7 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

And yes you will definitely benefit from another procedure (from a better clinic) the first one isn’t good at all to be brutally honest, sorry to say 😞

I do appreciate your honesty!
I don't think my first transplant is terrible but definitely not the best I'll give it a 6/10 heheh.

Hopefully I can share my progress of the second one soon :)  

If you don't have enough money for a HT with a good Dr then I'd wait. You've gone through this once and didn't seem to learn your lesson it seems. Dr. Biçer and HLC are about the only 2 in Turkey I'd consider. I don't think Dr. Yaman is up to par either. If you want a good result then you will have to spend more. This is not to say that a cheap clinic can't provide a good result from time to time but it's risky because they likely screw up a lot as well. If they had a clinic putting out 5k HT flawlessly, they'd be the talk of this forum and booked 2 years solid.  Unfortunately, the truth is that you get what you pay for in most things, HT included. So take your time a choose wisely. If it means saving more then it might be best, since an additional repair will cost you even more in the long run. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

Like JAC wrote, you only have so many grafts available.  If they get wasted at a bad clinic you lose both money and the ability to have a future hair transplant.  If I were you, I'd invest money for ten years and see what your options are then.

I do get the fact that grafts are limited. 

I wanna have this done by a good clinic hence why I posted this thread. 

I though 5k would be a reasonable budget for a good transplant. Seems like it's not based on what you guys say.. So how much should i save then? 

I do get the fact that grafts are limited. 

I wanna have this done by a good clinic hence why I posted this thread. 

I though 5k would be a reasonable budget for a good transplant. Seems like it's not based on what you guys say.. So how much should i save then? 

Also how come I keep seeing amazing results from clinics that charge like 3k?

Are they all fake? 

7 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Have you received a quote from Dr. Biçer? It doesn't seem like you would need 3500 grafts which would be 7k€. 

That's what she quoted me. 

Eugenix quoted me 4k grafts. 

To me it sounds like all these amazing clinics you guys recommend just wanna rip ppl off 😂

1 minute ago, Chilifight said:

Are they all fake? 

Where do you see the amazing results? Probably the same places you saw results from your 1st clinic I'd imagine? Not to be harsh but you are definitely heading down the same path as before. It's your hair and as you're already aware, bad clinics can and do make mistakes. A HT Dr should be selected carefully. Personally I'd stay out of Turkey all together but with your budget, this is not possible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chilifight said:

Are they all fake? 

They're always going to cherry pick the good results to show off on their websites and sometimes people don't know what a "good" result is either. 

That said, ALL clinics cherry pick their results and even on here the results that had bad bits from user reviews will never be shown off. 

Caveat Emptor is ALWAYS in effect for anybody. 

3 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Where do you see the amazing results? Probably the same places you saw results from your 1st clinic I'd imagine? Not to be harsh but you are definitely heading down the same path as before. It's your hair and as you're already aware, bad clinics can and do make mistakes. A HT Dr should be selected carefully. Personally I'd stay out of Turkey all together but with your budget, this is not possible. 

This transplant didn't cost 20k but 3k. 

This is just one example. 

I can find many more... Are they all fake? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DL2OogkXkLb4&ved=2ahUKEwjykbKM9e72AhXSOcAKHeGWB9EQ3e4CegQIaBAE&usg=AOvVaw3YtzM7cibRf--GTlU4h_nA

7 minutes ago, Chilifight said:

To me it sounds like all these amazing clinics you guys recommend just wanna rip ppl off 😂

Most will quote anywhere between 3-4K grafts, always will vary when they see you in person. 
Im not sure what you mean by “wanna rip ppl off” we are helping you out here, the   First clinic you chose ripped you off in terms of grafts (much less) and result which was poor. We are steering you to a better clinic/Dr and yeh of course it will be more. But the best work is being done in Europe, take a look at the results from the likes of Dr Freitas + Dr Couto for example, on another level. We are talking clinics which still have Dr involvement and are reasonable cost. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chilifight said:

Which package was that? The Exclusive Package? That usually involves their senior doctors and technicians, so it is more than their basic 75 RS package but their top package then doubles the cost.

Ultimately you can try work to a budget but there's no miracle hair loss cure yet and you have a finite donor supply so the option is to save up and wait to go with a quality clinic or go cheap and end up in the same position as before and more than likely be much worse off down the line. 

Personally if you are coming from a really bad first procedure with huge issues, you might have been not even able to consider a future procedure and need repair work which costs even more. 

Don't rush to a decision that's going to impact the next 30+ years worth of your life and haunt you looking in the mirror. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NARMAK said:

Which package was that? The Exclusive Package? That usually involves their senior doctors and technicians, so it is more than their basic 75 RS package but their top package then doubles the cost.

Ultimately you can try work to a budget but there's no miracle hair loss cure yet and you have a finite donor supply so the option is to save up and wait to go with a quality clinic or go cheap and end up in the same position as before and more than likely be much worse off down the line. 

Personally if you are coming from a really bad first procedure with huge issues, you might have been not even able to consider a future procedure and need repair work which costs even more. 

Don't rush to a decision that's going to impact the next 30+ years worth of your life and haunt you looking in the mirror. 

I'm not rushing it. 

That's why im here asking your guys advice. 

So far I've received lots of comments but no one has told me the MOST important things :). 

- Minimum budget for a good transplant 

- good value/money clinics 

8 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Yeah Dr Yaman is ok, and actually forum recommended:

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-resul-yaman

He just opens the channels nothing else. 

Also his clinic does 3 transplant a day. 

Is that OK? 

Why nobody talks about Doganay? Who performs only one surgery a day and so far has been the ONLY one that suggested to split my surgery in two days to maximise results? 

Edited by Chilifight

15 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Most will quote anywhere between 3-4K grafts, always will vary when they see you in person. 
Im not sure what you mean by “wanna rip ppl off” we are helping you out here, the   First clinic you chose ripped you off in terms of grafts (much less) and result which was poor. We are steering you to a better clinic/Dr and yeh of course it will be more. But the best work is being done in Europe, take a look at the results from the likes of Dr Freitas + Dr Couto for example, on another level. We are talking clinics which still have Dr involvement and are reasonable cost. 

RE: rip ppl off. 

What i meant is that both Dr. Biçer and Eugenix where the ones that have estimated the highest nr of graft. Which surprised me considering their expertise 

I've reached out to many surgeons and no one estimated 4k grafts. 

Edited by Chilifight

5 minutes ago, Chilifight said:

I'm not rushing it. 

That's why im here asking your guys advice. 

So far I've received lots of comments but no one has told me the MOST important things :). 

- Minimum budget for a good transplant 

- good value/money clinics 

Firstly, there's no minimum budget for a "good transplant" and you could end up spending $100k or whatever your currency is going to "The best" and get a very poor result because there's no guarantee in hair transplants. Period. 

Good value is in the eye of the beholder and some might think you getting 4k grafts for circa €7K is actually good value when the same procedure for that many grafts might cost 2x as much in the USA. 

Ultimately everybody does work to a budget, but if the places that are recommended and good for your circumstances all seem expensive, perhaps the issue maybe is more to do with your expectations of pricing. The market charges what the demand creates and reputable clinics are aware their services will be paid for. So the question comes down to whether you feel like paying that money is worth it to you. 

At the end of the day, 4k grafts is not a small amount and messing that up by going to somewhere cheaper with sub standard outcomes will leave you behind a rock and a hard place wishing you had just bothered to save up more and go to somewhere better. 

• Like 1