Does stopping minox lead to permanent loss?

RTC

I think the general consensus is that you lose your minoxidil ‘gains’. 

So any hair follicles that you have either regrown or strengthened through minoxidil, will re-miniaturise and eventually go, upon discontinuing the medication. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

I think the general consensus is that you lose your minoxidil ‘gains’. 

So any hair follicles that you have either regrown or strengthened through minoxidil, will re-miniaturise and eventually go, upon discontinuing the medication. 

I see - so it's only the follicles that were using minoxodil in the first place to stay alive that will go

2 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

As the title says.. if you start minoxodil then stop, does this cause permanent hair loss? Heard conflicting things

The hair growing due to Minoxidil will fall off. The hair thickening due to Minoxidil will start miniaturizing. Also some native hair may go through temporary shedding. If Minoxidil is stopped suddenly.

• Like 1

Wish we had a hair crystal ball to tell us what our loss would be like.  

This is true for all the meds.  If you stop them, you will resume losing hair.  Further, you will lose what you would have lost had you not been on the medication(s). 

Something curious about Min.  Most believe, after 7 years, it loses some of its effectiveness. So, some may see some shedding.  The key here is not to stop the med and continue its use.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.