In person consultation with Dr Mwamba

Jay00

• Administrators

Let us know how it goes 🙏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Consultation went well. Dr Mwamba seem to be very knowledgeable about hair. He took his time to explain everything to me. As for my donor area, he said I might not need repair, to get on meds for about 3 months then reevaluate the situation. He will repair the front area later this year. For now, he recommends to keep taking the meds and stay stress free (that could cause hair loss). 

Edited by Jay00
  • Like 4

On 4/1/2022 at 1:37 PM, Aslitarcan sucks said:

I contacted him early March for a consultation and they offered me a video call for Mid April, but I decided to visit instead and they gave me a consultation date right at the end of April.

Have surgery tentatively booked for end of June.

Good luck bro. I have to say, it’s a slow process with Dr Mwamba. After my consultation, I have yet to receive my consultation report so I could purchase the recommended medication. I know he’s a very busy man but things could get a little bit faster. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Yeah they are not the most organised I must say, but I will be seeing Doctor Mwamba in person at the consult so that makes things easier

When is your surgery booked for @Jay00

Didn’t schedule a date for surgery yet. He suggested I get on medications for 2 months then he will reevaluate after. I thought my donor area was over-harvested but according to him, I got hair they just didn’t come out for some reason.  

On 4/5/2022 at 10:25 AM, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Did you see him in person or online?

Yes I saw him in person. We both speak French so he was very happy to have me. Stayed with him for hours I might say lol. He explained a lot of things that I didn’t know about hair before. My surgery is scheduled for July 17th 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jay00 said:

Minoxidil is making my hair fall out even more. I decided to stop taking them today. You guys think I can just quit or keep on taking them?

Minoxidil may induce a shedding phase in which the old hair needs to be pushed out in order to generate new ones. If this is within the first 2 months its perfectly normal, I went through a similar phase in which at the start of the third month seemed a bit worse but it recovered in the start of the fourth. 

I think most of the shedding happened in the second month and it totally recovered the baseline by the third. 

On 4/19/2022 at 12:57 PM, TheGreatPretender said:

Minoxidil may induce a shedding phase in which the old hair needs to be pushed out in order to generate new ones. If this is within the first 2 months its perfectly normal, I went through a similar phase in which at the start of the third month seemed a bit worse but it recovered in the start of the fourth. 

I think most of the shedding happened in the second month and it totally recovered the baseline by the third. 

Yeah I see what you saying. I decided to stop taking them for now. I have a surgery coming up in July, the shedding wouldn’t help my case. 

5 minutes ago, Jay00 said:

Yeah I see what you saying. I decided to stop taking them for now. I have a surgery coming up in July, the shedding wouldn’t help my case. 

If you have a surgery its fine, some surgeons would recommend you to stop 2 weeks before the proccedure so its a wise decision. Always follow the instructions from the clinic. 

Edited by TheGreatPretender