Doctor and Graft Recommendations

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Yes, the approved list. Any site or forum is similar I believe as this is a business. That's not to say that some of those Dr's aren't good because likely most are. But make no mistake, it's a form of advertising. If a Dr doesn't want to pay, he will not be recommending here. 

This is why it's important to read the real patient reviews listed on this or other forums. 

Our recommendations are based on real patient reviews. So I don’t disagree with what you say about looking up real reviews. Our list is not a definitive list. No doubt, there’s some surgeons out there doing excellent work that we haven’t heard about, even some that we have, like Dr. Pittella. That is why we always stress everyone do their due diligence in researching a surgeon/clinic.

Just now, Egy said:

I think you are in the right place to find the right clinic / surgeon for you.  Even though as it says @JoeMan. the recommended surgeons / clinics pay a fee to stay here, HRN will never delete a thread of an unhappy patient operated on in one of these clinics as it happens in the other forums, which compromise and give in to the temptation of money. .  On the European forums, especially the Italian ones, surgeons who have been eliminated from the recommended list here, are instead advertised as top surgeons, there you will find only excellent results, and when some discontented patient tries to let others know his misadventure with the clinic, the administrator (who also comes here to take threads and publishes them on his forum by changing the name so as not to advertise to HRN) promptly blocks user comments with the excuse of keeping it in moderation, and then making it end up in oblivion, and this is not fair.  Many of these clinics invest their money in forums like that rather than advertising.  Forget Trustpilot, Google, Istagram and YouTube as well.

We do our very best to be as transparent as possible, that is why our surgeons must go through a public approval process, which holds them to public scrutiny. Some of the good surgeons not on our list, don’t join because of our process. 

It’s a double-edged sword, its good to see valuable input from senior members. But there’s also trolls and shills that surgeons fear would attack them unnecessarily. The process isn’t perfect, but I’m working on getting it even better. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

whats up...i remember you commented on my thread about a month ago..i went there back in september, best month imo especially those of us living in NE....everything was smooth as butter since I landed in SAN and got picked up, clean facility, they spoke english, and obviously the results I have now at month 7 are great, definitely a bang for buck down there, I'd say go for it but I am a bit biased, the other European Dr.s mentioned above are great for sure but most likely cost more money $$ good luck. 

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

So I don’t disagree with what you say about looking up real reviews. Our list is not a definitive list.

That's all I meant. By looking at actual reviews, make a decision based on this and not just the fact that a Dr is recommended. 

The Dr's recommended are based on reviews but that doesn't mean that they can't start putting out bad work or have bad reviews that should be taken into account. So I'm just informing the OP to do research and don't just assume that a recommended Dr is automatically an excellent choice, because I don't believe that's the case. 

• Like 3

On 3/28/2022 at 10:23 PM, J.A.C said:

Both Dr Cortez + Dr Nader are good choices in Mexico, since you have already got a quote from HMR I would also get one for Dr Nader.

Dr Bicer is €2 per graft, Dr Demirsoy is €1.50, both are within your budget. Although it can be worth saving up more to get to the price point of the other European Drs mentioned. 

Would stay far away from Dr. Demirsoy. I received a failed transplant from his clinic just over a year ago.  The left side is ok while the center and right side had very low survival leaving me botched. I had my scalp examined by a dermatologist along with bloodwork, everything was normal. I also consulted with other surgeons who all believe it was the team (3 nurses did the implanting, one right side, one center, one left side)  who are to blame. Either how the grafts were handled or errors implanting. The worst part is how the clinic treated me.  Instead of admitting the low survival rate or taking ANY responsibility, they tried to blame my hair structure and told me to wait 18 months for the "final result" knowing full well it's a failure. I requested a refund (since I now need costly repair work), sent photos/videos of the low survival along with comments from other surgeons regarding the failure, and they flat out ignored all my messages on whatsapp. Disgusting behavior to say the least. 

Edited by Dude_in_LA

7 minutes ago, Dude_in_LA said:

Would stay far away from Dr. Demirsoy. I received a failed transplant from his clinic just over a year ago.  The left side is ok while the center and right side had very low survival leaving me botched. I had my scalp examined by a dermatologist along with bloodwork, everything was normal. I also consulted with other surgeons who all believe it was the team (3 nurses did the implanting, one right side, one center, one left side)  who are to blame. Either how the grafts were handled or errors implanting. The worst part is how the clinic treated me.  Instead of admitting the low survival rate or taking ANY responsibility, they tried to blame my hair structure and told me to wait 18 months for the "final result" knowing full well it's a failure. I requested a refund (since I now need costly repair work), sent photos/videos of the low survival along with comments from other surgeons regarding the failure, and they flat out ignored all my messages on whatsapp. Disgusting behavior to say the least. 

@Dude_in_LADo you have a thread here with before and after surgery pics, from your experience with Doctor Demirsoy?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Dude_in_LA said:

I have not posted my experience yet, I've just been too emotionally drained.  Here are a few pics. One of my before and a few over a year later. 

_NDE3486.JPG

IMG_3802.JPG

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_3772.jpg

I suggest creating a separate thread and detailing your entire experience. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had a less than stellar result. I would be curious to know how the clinic has responded. Did they offer a free touch-up?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I suggest creating a separate thread and detailing your entire experience. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had a less than stellar result. I would be curious to know how the clinic has responded. Did they offer a free touch-up?

No, they told me to wait 18 months for the final result and if I didn't like it I could buy another 2000 grafts at a discounted rate. I advised I would never trust them with my hair again and would like a refund as it was going to cost me much more for the repair work. They then decided ignoring me would be the best way to handle things. 

• Sad 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Dude_in_LA said:

No, they told me to wait 18 months for the final result and if I didn't like it I could buy another 2000 grafts at a discounted rate. I advised I would never trust them with my hair again and would like a refund as it was going to cost me much more for the repair work. They then decided ignoring me would be the best way to handle things. 

That's a shame, I think it's important to stand by your work. 

View my thread