Finally going with Ron Shapiro (Oct.12)

Severn

There are a lot of good surgeons in the Coalition along with their respective consultants.

Most people do hairline work first but I'm starting on crown area due to scars from a previous surgery. I might do hairline work in 2 or 3 years afterwards depending on how my frontal area holds out.

Obviously everyone knows the quality of Ron's work, but I also have to give a lot of credit to his consultant, Matt Zupan. He gave an honest analysis and didn't just tell me what I wanted to hear to get me to sign up. He was even more conservative than Ron's first estimate of graft numbers expressing concern over my laxity.

So I guess it's doing scalp exercises like mad until then. One of you guys needs to invent a machine to do the massages. Your arms can get mighty tired after 15 minutes!

There are a lot of good surgeons in the Coalition along with their respective consultants.

Most people do hairline work first but I'm starting on crown area due to scars from a previous surgery. I might do hairline work in 2 or 3 years afterwards depending on how my frontal area holds out.

Obviously everyone knows the quality of Ron's work, but I also have to give a lot of credit to his consultant, Matt Zupan. He gave an honest analysis and didn't just tell me what I wanted to hear to get me to sign up. He was even more conservative than Ron's first estimate of graft numbers expressing concern over my laxity.

So I guess it's doing scalp exercises like mad until then. One of you guys needs to invent a machine to do the massages. Your arms can get mighty tired after 15 minutes!

Dr Ron Shapiro is one of the best out there. You will be in good hands. As for the scalp exercises, do them! Believe me they make a huge difference. I did them religiously for 4 months and they make a huge difference on the surgery day as well as during the healing period that follows.

Wow, we will just miss each other by the weekend. I am seeing Paul on October 8th! And I agree with you on Matt. He has been instrumental in my decision and very patient with me. This will be my 1st HT and I am scared as heck!!! to put it mildly icon_smile.gif