Toppik or Dermmatch ?

jolly

hi guys 

Have a wedding to attend in a few days , I'm already done with a FUE  some 8 years back , results have tapered quiet a bit and there are a few spots where skin is visible , unlike the results i got in the beginning first 2- 3 years where I had fully packed dense looking transplants , Medications have serious sides so they were stopped within the first 3 months after Fue ,  just wanted a opinion regarding the use of Toppik hair fibres or Dermmatch ? I get varied Answers ranging from Toppik looks like dust to dermmatch looks like shoe polish , I seriously want to use either one or in combo .... But need them to look as natural as possible as there would be quiet a few people at the wedding whom I shall have to maintain a very close contact .

Would be nice if you members can chime in your experience , looking for as natural as possible .

• Administrators

Use both, they are excellent combined. 

Tutorials

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

thanks Melvin 

so correct me if I'm wrong ..... if using a combo of dermmatch and toppik 

First Apply Dermmatch  followed by  Bed head Matt seperation  ... followed by Toppik .... finally Hair spray ... voila All natural I guesss 

Also i have the same hair color as you , do you use Dark Brown or Black ?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jolly said:

thanks Melvin 

so correct me if I'm wrong ..... if using a combo of dermmatch and toppik 

First Apply Dermmatch  followed by  Bed head Matt seperation  ... followed by Toppik .... finally Hair spray ... voila All natural I guesss 

Also i have the same hair color as you , do you use Dark Brown or Black ?

Yes that’s correct, first demmatch, then apply toppik, then apply puddy/pomade. Finish off with hair spray. I use dark brown. Black is too shoe polish looking. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/28/2022 at 12:31 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes that’s correct, first demmatch, then apply toppik, then apply puddy/pomade. Finish off with hair spray. I use dark brown. Black is too shoe polish looking. 

Thanks melvin 

one more thing that i noticed in your video was your hair looks shiny even after dermmatch and topikk , where as i have seen guys using those products usually end up with Dusty or Dirty looking hair , what do you apply to make them look so vibrant even after using the concealers ?