No growth after almost five months help required!

mman21uk

Hey I had a hair transplant at DHI 5 months ago. It grew really well for the first 3 months and now suddently im into my fifth month and it has totally thinned out, like worse than before my procedure. I had a transplant done before that was really successful with DHI but this one all fell out. Ive read that its usual to fall out of curse but not 4 months after the surgery. I wnet for a haircut and they totally ruined my hair. Could they have ruined the transplant? It was really thick for a few months and now its al gone. I would udnerstand if it was the firts two months but not almost five months in. Anyone had a similar exerience or can share any helpful advise?

I am 43, using minoxidl and propecia. 

I had a procedure at 39 which was amazing but during the pandemic it all fell out. I have no idea why or how, it was brilliant before that. Maybe stress.

So I wnet in for another and it all grew really well for the firt 3 months. I then went for a haircut the other day and now it is totally gone. Its slike for 3 months it was great then suddenly all fell out.

1 minute ago, mman21uk said:

I had a procedure at 39 which was amazing but during the pandemic it all fell out. I have no idea why or how, it was brilliant before that. Maybe stress.

So I wnet in for another and it all grew really well for the firt 3 months. I then went for a haircut the other day and now it is totally gone. Its slike for 3 months it was great then suddenly all fell out.

Ok transplanted hair should not be falling in this way. Would you say your hair had previously stabilised on the medication regime your on? How many grafts did you have per hair transplant session? Sorry your facing increased hair fall now, as your aware for most people it should start growing from approx month 4.

Hey no it hadnt. The pandmemic made me lose more hair so I went and got another transplant. About 1300 hairs. As I say at first the growth was brilliant but then it all just fell out. The last transplant was the same. i can only put the first transplant loss down to PRP with a dermaroller? Is that possible? AS after that it started to fall out but because I couldnt have my hair cut for 4 months I have no idea if it had gone as its only at the front.

So with the new transplant it grew for 3 months and just gone now. Almost 5 months in.

36 minutes ago, mman21uk said:

maybe cutting your hair shorter made it seem thinner, but in reality its just the haircut style? its best if you can find a way to upload some pictures so we can help advise you

Sorry but this doesn't make a lot of sense. You mentioned you had a HT 5 months ago, and they started falling out 3 months ago? That means you're saying that you had a nice growth at 2 months after HT, and now at 5 months your hair is thinning and whatever grew at 2 months mark is falling? It's very unlikely that you had so much growth at 2 months mark, it's way too early and 99% of the people are in their ugly duckling phase at 2 months. It's been 5 months since your HT and even that is considered "too early" to judge by many surgeons.  I am at my 5 months mark now and I am still waiting for my transplanted hair to grow more. I don't understand which hair you are losing now. Maybe the native hair before the HT? But based on your picture the thinning is not that much considering you are at 5 months post op, it actually looks very good to me. Do you have any picture from when your hair was good? (3 months ago)

Sorry this is very confusing to me. It's possible that some of your hair are in their telogen/rest phase. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, mman21uk said:

Current situation

5D666783-7D21-47FA-AF9A-74B14FE8E92F.jpeg

Can you post a before picture for comparison? The very front has obvious growth, but not sure what was transplanted.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, mman21uk said:

Two months and then now

094110BD-1702-46FE-AC90-F43D34C08572.jpeg

It looks the same to be honest. I have no idea whats transplanted. Hard to give accurate information without pre transplant photos, or at least graft placement.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, mman21uk said:

Where the grafts were placed and now

3CF158C0-F737-49E3-9782-9A05E0A01B24.jpeg

The bottom looks like growth. 

View my thread