People who have had FUT, how low can you go on hair clippers?

Just curious. 

Had mine 4 days ago, my hair is about at a 4 and it’s already invisible with sutures. Anyone able to go as low as a 3 on clippers and hide the scar?

I should note , I have Afro hair and I am black - maybe that’s a good mix for coverage. Not sure though.

• Administrators

Usually you can get a low taper fade at a zero guard and blend it without too much visibility.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I've found that a 4 guard is the best coverage from all viewing angles right after a haircut for me. A 3 guard looks good too from the overhead to eye-level viewer angles. But I notice when holding an extra mirror lower and looking upwards, seeing what a shorter person standing behind me would see, the scars can be seen a bit. In general that upward view angle from below is going to be the weakest point for all of us because we don't get the benefit of the extra concealment from the downward angle that hair grows at back there. This is one scenario where its a benefit to be the shortest guy in the room. :D