Anyone ever heard of this HT surgeon, Dr. Sanusi Umar?

A member of the forum suggested that I look into this surgeon for an afro hair HT, but to be honest, his name has not popped up in my search for a HT clinic good for my type of afro hair. He pioneered a tool to extract afro curly hair.

Has anyone ever heard of him/been to him?

Links below:

https://dru.com/

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=426714248836403

• Valued Contributor

Yes I have followed Dr Umar for years. He is well known for his repair work on patients who have had many bad procedures leaving little to no scalp donor left. In my opinion in many ways he pioneered a lot of beard/body hair harvesting. Today however there are some doctors who are just as good and in many ways taken this to another level. All the best.

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Yes I have followed Dr Umar for years. He is well known for his repair work on patients who have had many bad procedures leaving little to no scalp donor left. In my opinion in many ways he pioneered a lot of beard/body hair harvesting. Today however there are some doctors who are just as good and in many ways taken this to another level. All the best.

Thanks for your reply. I just wondered if because I have afro hair type I should be considering him as well. Im a NW 6/7, so I am searching for that rare unicorn of a clinic that has success with high norwoods and afro hair 

@Gatsbyout of interest, have you seen any patient posted results (Afro hair or curly hair) done by either Bisanga or Mwamba? I’m aware these two doctors are very well respected on this forum as their names keep getting mentioned everywhere but I can barely find any results. I’m finding it particularly difficult to find many results from Mwamba - the only patient posted results I’ve seen have been on straight hair. If any threads come to mind that would be really helpful.

10 hours ago, Mixed93 said:

@Gatsbyout of interest, have you seen any patient posted results (Afro hair or curly hair) done by either Bisanga or Mwamba? I’m aware these two doctors are very well respected on this forum as their names keep getting mentioned everywhere but I can barely find any results. I’m finding it particularly difficult to find many results from Mwamba - the only patient posted results I’ve seen have been on straight hair. If any threads come to mind that would be really helpful.

I have not come across any, mostly because I am sure with my level of balding NW 6/7, they may not be able to help me. which I may be totally wrong. I sent in my online consult forms with pics for both of them. I got replies from both offices. I sent in headshots for both so I am not sure why I got the message below from Bisangas clinic. If it is a free online consult I will do it. Mwamba sounds like it will take 2 weeks to get a response (if I even get a response) or pay for the consult. 

This was from Mwambas clinic:

Dear ____,
Thank you for sharing your photos.
I am Pax doctor Mwamba's patient cordinator,
I'll be back to you within 48 hours with the diagnosis of doctor, but the
waiting time can go up to 2 weeks when the doctor is in surgical
sessions.
If you want to go quicker to the consultation, we offer you
the possibility of doing a video consultation or in person, these are
paid for.
In the meantime, I remain at your disposal for questions.

And this was from Bisanga's clinic:

Thank you for you email, 

Regarding your situation, Dr Bisanga prefers to see you in consultation in order to evaluate precisely your hair condition and donor area.

He will then, be in capacity to give you an accurate assessment;

Waiting for your reply.

Hi Johnhphillip, just to clarify the above, after we have photos and more so for extensive loss or if there are any donor concerns, Dr.Bisanga will ask for an in-person consultation after an initial pictorial assessment. Often the patient's goals are full restoration and photos or videos, although will give an idea of loss, it will not give any empirical data on the donor, i.e actual real measurements of density, miniaturisation or follicular unit make up, to name a few. So, this is an important step and although often inconvenient to attend or be seen, but it is as said an important step prior to committing to surgery and making sure your goals can be met or even if surgery is a good idea and if so, what compromises there will need to be, design etc.

We have produced blogs, videos and also forum posts on this and this should also have been ideally referenced to in your email reply, so apologies for the brevity of it from our clinic. 

In order that you can further understand the necessity or the advantage of being seen, I link some references below. Our consultations are very in-depth and with Fotofinder equipment and very thorough compared to most clinics and why for us more so it is a needed step for some patients who we feel would be better having all the relevant data before committing to surgery. We would not wish to book a patient for surgery on photos and then once we finally see them, discover there are unseen issues or we simply cannot achieve their goals.

Some helpful links to post from Ian aka Raphael on this:-

Link to BHR Blog:-

https://bhrclinic.com/2021/12/30/dont-under-estimate-the-need-for-a-consultation/

Hope this is helpful. If you would like to be seen then please do not hesitate to contact the advisor you were dealing with and they can further assist. In any event, all the best in your research.

• Like 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network