Please advice needed

Before you do anything, I hope you understand that might need a 2 session procedure to cover the entire scalp + medication (Finasteride)

Judging from the donor area, since its all untouched and dark.. the hair quality seems on the better side of good 

With the right doctor, you will have a natural and acceptable result 

Thanks MazAB and Ryan Daniel 

I have attached the beard photo. 

i did a few consultations but I am planning to do the procedure at Eugenix where I should be able to tranplant 3500 grafts from the scalp and 2000 from the beard

would that be enough to cover the crown area and the hairlane? i have just started the finasteride as i will probably visit eugenix in June

Thanks for the help guys

unnamed.jpg

• Administrators

You’ve got a great beard, do you have naturally curly hair? 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Post a photo from the back of your head, preferably with a finger running through the hair follicles to get a good idea how the donor area looks like 

Otherwise.. everything seems to be in order here 

Regarding how many grafts you need? If you're saying 3500 scalp + 2000 beard is the plan? I cannot argue with that

You look like a man who will look good with a buzz cut (but with a full head of hair type of buzz cut) I believe it is a realistic and acceptable expectation for now, after the first procedure.

Good luck sir

Not the best set of photos, but it sure looks as if you are still in the process of expanding the pattern.  (If you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing).  Are you doing any type of medical therapy to help you with retention?

One of the basic concepts I like to share with patients is the fact it is the front you see when you look at yourself in the mirror.  It is also the area others see when they interact with you.  So, place more importance to the frontal area.  

Propecia/Rogaine are considered to be the best meds out there for retention in the crown.  Something to keep in mind is the fact that these meds are not intended to regrow anything.  They are to keep you from losing more.  Thus, if you look the same a year later, the meds did what they were intended to do.  PRP and Laser can actually help reverse thinning.  I would encourage you to consider these for a good year.  It is likely your crown can improve as there is a lot of miniaturized hair.  

The other thing you can also do is work as far back horizontally on the pattern as you can.  This would help to minimize the size of the crown.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

26 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

Not the best set of photos, but it sure looks as if you are still in the process of expanding the pattern.  (If you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing).  Are you doing any type of medical therapy to help you with retention?

One of the basic concepts I like to share with patients is the fact it is the front you see when you look at yourself in the mirror.  It is also the area others see when they interact with you.  So, place more importance to the frontal area.  

Propecia/Rogaine are considered to be the best meds out there for retention in the crown.  Something to keep in mind is the fact that these meds are not intended to regrow anything.  They are to keep you from losing more.  Thus, if you look the same a year later, the meds did what they were intended to do.  PRP and Laser can actually help reverse thinning.  I would encourage you to consider these for a good year.  It is likely your crown can improve as there is a lot of miniaturized hair.  

The other thing you can also do is work as far back horizontally on the pattern as you can.  This would help to minimize the size of the crown.  

Thanks for the reply.

I am 41 and i have been like this for a few years now. It seems that my balding area have settled (more or less)

I have started propecia the last 15 days 

Thanks again

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, amed said:

I just googled it and this is what it says :

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 12.56.36 PM.png

They are not closed. For some reason there google account is wrong. You can reach out to them @Eugenix Hair Sciences

DFE5BF7B-A584-49E5-9ECC-5C2A8CC5A4EE.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5,500 total grafts should get you a great hairline and some coverage in the crown. As a NW6, I think expectations should never be 100% coverage, but that some parts of the scalp - like the crown - will be a bit lighter so the frontal third (which frames the face) will be better. Folks here also say that beard hair has a different growth cycle, so it'll supposedly look different for some time until it better conforms.

20 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Post a photo from the back of your head, preferably with a finger running through the hair follicles to get a good idea how the donor area looks like 

Otherwise.. everything seems to be in order here 

Regarding how many grafts you need? If you're saying 3500 scalp + 2000 beard is the plan? I cannot argue with that

You look like a man who will look good with a buzz cut (but with a full head of hair type of buzz cut) I believe it is a realistic and acceptable expectation for now, after the first procedure.

Good luck sir

This is a closer look of my donor area

Thanks

unnamed.jpg

A NW 6 patient would likely require roughly 6000 grafts to get coverage of the hairline & crown.  It wouldn't necessarily be dense coverage but it would cover the bald areas pretty much, giving the illusion of a full head of hair.