Oral Minoxidl + PRP or Laser Hair Therapy

Osakakev

Hi,

I've just started Oral Minoxidl and want to try and additional treatment alongside it (except Finasteride).

Would PRP or Laser Hair Therapy be most effective?

It's to maintain existing hair rather than regrow (but of course that would be nice)!!

Cheers

• Administrators

Personally, I prefer laser therapy for one simple reason, the laser is a one-time purchase, where as PRP needs to be done continually every 6 months to a year. The cost in the long run is a lot more for PRP.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks Melvin.

I was considering using a hair clinics laser therapy rather than purchase a helmet myself. I assume there system is more sophisticated than ones you can buy reasonably.

Not too concerned with cost, more which is beneficial. Slightly worried about PRP making things worse...

15 hours ago, Osakakev said:

Hi,

I've just started Oral Minoxidl and want to try and additional treatment alongside it (except Finasteride).

Would PRP or Laser Hair Therapy be most effective?

It's to maintain existing hair rather than regrow (but of course that would be nice)!!

Cheers

Finasteride, Minoxidil, PRP and Laser are the modalities we typically refer to when dealing with this condition.  If you won't do any - for whatever reason, you can then rely on the other ones.  The mechanism of action of each of these is totally different and are thus synergistic when used simultaneously.  Several issues to keep in mind.

Many believe Fin and Min are the best modalities out there for retention in the crown.  The problem is that of expectation.  If I do something, I want something in return.  When people see no visual change after the use of the meds, they become frustrated and stop all together not understanding the meds are not intended for you to grow anything.  They are to help you with retention.  If a year later you look the same, the meds did what they were intended to do.

PRP and Laser can actually have a visual impact, (when done correctly).  It can take 12+ to mature the results of a procedure.  You can enjoy those same results in 6 mo with PRP.  The second thing it does is reverse the thinning, (miniaturization).  The problem here is who do you trust.  How do you know that this is being done correctly? Do your research and review photos of results.  Also, please ask about credentials.

There are plenty of lasers out there.  Again, do your research.  LaserCap is the only by provider only laser.  It is prescription strength and comes with a lifetime warranty.  It works on two different pathways.  

By the way, Fin is now available as a topical solution and Rogaine is now available in pill form.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Thank you all.

I'm interested in laser treatment at a local ish clinic. What is the recommended session length and how often? Just want to make sure they not giving me more or less than I need

On 3/9/2022 at 8:02 AM, LaserCaps said:

Finasteride, Minoxidil, PRP and Laser are the modalities we typically refer to when dealing with this condition.  If you won't do any - for whatever reason, you can then rely on the other ones.  The mechanism of action of each of these is totally different and are thus synergistic when used simultaneously.  Several issues to keep in mind.

Many believe Fin and Min are the best modalities out there for retention in the crown.  The problem is that of expectation.  If I do something, I want something in return.  When people see no visual change after the use of the meds, they become frustrated and stop all together not understanding the meds are not intended for you to grow anything.  They are to help you with retention.  If a year later you look the same, the meds did what they were intended to do.

PRP and Laser can actually have a visual impact, (when done correctly).  It can take 12+ to mature the results of a procedure.  You can enjoy those same results in 6 mo with PRP.  The second thing it does is reverse the thinning, (miniaturization).  The problem here is who do you trust.  How do you know that this is being done correctly? Do your research and review photos of results.  Also, please ask about credentials.

There are plenty of lasers out there.  Again, do your research.  LaserCap is the only by provider only laser.  It is prescription strength and comes with a lifetime warranty.  It works on two different pathways.  

By the way, Fin is now available as a topical solution and Rogaine is now available in pill form.  

Wait so laser cap is the best hair laser on market? If so I will buy

11 hours ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Wait so laser cap is the best hair laser on market? If so I will buy

Dr Arocha is a provider.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.