Minoxidil once or twice daily?

Hi Guys,

i am applying minoxidil two times a day. Now i am considering applying it just once a day, because it can be really annoying in the morning before leaving the house.

Can i also just apply it once a day with the dosage of a whole day?

Does anyone else also just apply it once?

PS: I am using minoxidil foam from regaine.

The overall consensus, if you use it 2X per day, you are getting 100% of the medication.  If you use it once a day, you are still getting 90%.  Yes, it is labor intensive.  Just do it once and see how that goes.  The med, by the way, is systemic.  That is, you can just put in on any one place.  The skin absorbs the med.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• Administrators

Once is good enough.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Another vote for once in the morning. If you use it at night the solution will get transferred to your pillow and then to your face. You might grow 5 more hairs but look 5 years older 😊

Edited by AA1989
typo

• 1 year later...

Ive been thinking about this long and hard... What you guys think?:

If you use it twice a day all over your scalp, you're more likely to cover every area than if you only do it once a day. You don't need a study to see that. For people with thinning hair like me, doing it twice a day is a good idea because it gives you a second chance to apply it in case you missed any spots during the morning application when you do it again in the evening.

Is my thinking wrong??

Also can someone explain the half life theory to me. 

What I like to do is fill up a cap with the foam and then melt it with heat until it turns liquid. Then I use a dropper to apply and gently rub in. I just feel it absorbs better that way. I apply 2x a day

Edited by GibGob