Dr. Cooley

Just a quick thanks to everyone for posting pics and discussing their experiences with the different surgeons. I had my first HT in 2004 with Dr. Griffin. Well, it's time for a second one...need to fill in the crown some and add a little density to the hairline. After much research and reading on this site, I've decided on Dr. Jerry Cooley. I have been really impressed with his work...appears to be one of the top HT surgeons. If anyone knows different...please say so now since I am only about a month out! icon_smile.gif I had also considered Dr. Feller, Wolf, and Konier being they also have excellent reputations and are located on this side of the country.

Again, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone...it was a tremendous help having this site available. I will post some pics in the coming months.

Randy

Just a quick thanks to everyone for posting pics and discussing their experiences with the different surgeons. I had my first HT in 2004 with Dr. Griffin. Well, it's time for a second one...need to fill in the crown some and add a little density to the hairline. After much research and reading on this site, I've decided on Dr. Jerry Cooley. I have been really impressed with his work...appears to be one of the top HT surgeons. If anyone knows different...please say so now since I am only about a month out! icon_smile.gif I had also considered Dr. Feller, Wolf, and Konier being they also have excellent reputations and are located on this side of the country.

Again, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone...it was a tremendous help having this site available. I will post some pics in the coming months.

Randy

If I decide to have an HT, I will either go with Dr. Cooley or H&W. I think Dr. Cooley is a great choice.

I had a consultation and fairly enjoyed it. I was not impressed with their new hair consultation employee, she came from LA and seemed like a salesperson in my opinion.

Being a recent patient of Dr. Konior, I have nothing but gtreat things to say about him...One of the best...Both as a Dr. and as a person....Check him out...I think you will be quite amased...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

Not to take this thread too far off topic, but I think that Dr. Konior accomplishes more, with less grafts, than any other physician. Of course hair characteristics play a huge role in the success of a transplant, but it appears to me as though Dr. Konior places grafts in a manner that makes it seem as though more grafts were placed than actually were.

Dr. Cooley is excellent and has demonstrated his work for many years. Anyone choosing him will be in good hands.

As far as the "lateral slit vs needles" it really boils down to the skill of the physician---a great physician can use laterals/saggittal grafts and some doctors can use needles---my preference is custom cut blades--- I know Dr. Cooley uses both needles and blades--depends on the patient.

As far as Dr. Konior--he is a great doc and a great guy. It is nice to see him get the credit he is due as a premier HT doc---the man loves hair icon_biggrin.gif

As far as TC's comment, Dr. Konior himself would likely tell you it is all about proper planning and strategic placement. We all too often forget the art of hair transplantation is to achieve a cosmetically acceptable appearance with a MINIMUM # of grafts---all with an eye toward the future.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.