Is FUT a better hair transplant option for very fine hair?

I read FUE has a lower graft survival rate compared to FUT due to greater stress on grafts, so overall density is higher for FUT.  

If my main goal is maximum density should I get FUT?

I’m planning to get my hairline and corners rebuilt (2000-3000 grafts). I have no hair loss at the crown and lots of donor hair. My hair loss isn’t progressing (I’m 55 and take finasteride).  

I’d love to get FUE but worry fine hair + lower graft survival rate may result in poor hair density.

Does anyone know if FUT is significantly better for hair density for people with fine hair?

thanks!

Most of the top Dr's achieve 90+% graft survival rate with FUE. Going to a good Dr is far more important than which type you choose in my opinion. Maybe posting some pictures of your hair would be helpful. Which clinics are you looking at? 

Thanks Joe. 

I live in Vancouver so Hasson makes a lot of sense (no need to travel). I’d like my frontal hair line restored. Pics included. Not sure if it’s clear how fine my hair is in the pics.

Good to hear the survival rate is so high. Wow.

Thanks for your reply,

K

01C80551-04D9-456C-9399-9A181C55BBDC.jpeg

FAA337E2-7CC4-4F09-B8D4-0DAFF218BF8B.jpeg

43A76003-CC5D-4D63-A964-A7FCE042504D.jpeg

432C1810-E305-43C8-B633-28FAED13A329.jpeg

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

At 55 you have done well to hang on to the amount of hair that you have today and to be taking finsteride as well. 👏You have an excellent donor. When it comes to FUE or FUT the most important thing isn't which technique but how good the surgeon is with either technique. Personally I would choose FUE as you have very little hair loss for your age. Dr Victor Hasson would be a great choice. All the best!