Norwood type As & HTs

Julius

Julius,

I'm not actually sure what the physician means by type A. Norwood levels range from 1 to 7 and are further classed by "A" and "V" accordingly. Learn more about the Hamilton Norwood Scale of Hair Loss.

Ultimately, those experiencing less hair loss can technically achieve better hair transplant results given the the law of supply and demand. With a greater supply of donor hair and not as much demand for transplanted hair, true hair density can be achieved when appropriate for the patient. However, since future hair loss must be considered prior to even performing the first hair transplant, know that not all lower Norwood classes make good candidates for dense packing procedures. Age and family history of hair loss are two such considerations when planning for the long term.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

The 'a' pattern doesn't address the crown, you can put in more grafts to get a better results. While 'v' is vertex and as you know the crown area is the most dense area. you need somewhere around 50 FU cm2 or more to get a natural result.

If you can avoid the black hole -- aka crown -- it definitely behooves you. This is one reason why fin is such a potent weapon, especially for a younger guy; even if you need to attack your crown with grafts, it is essential to maintain your boundaries and sides and not worry about venturing off into truly recessed and sunken NW'dom.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!