Post op wounds, infections.

Eff Brown

I would not wait until next Monday to see someone about this. Maybe see a general practitioner until then so they can possibly start a stronger antibiotic and possibly a cream. Infections can get nasty if left untreated or mistreated.

Is iodine even safe for new grafts? 

Did they recommend this? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

I would not wait until next Monday to see someone about this. Maybe see a general practitioner until then so they can possibly start a stronger antibiotic and possibly a cream. Infections can get nasty if left untreated or mistreated.

Is iodine even safe for new grafts? 

Did they recommend this? 

No risks from what’s been used so far. But it does need a medical practitioner to check it and give further advice.. ASAP in my view. 

Damn just seen the updated post op pics 😢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I tried to get an appointment asap but that’s the earliest I found. I will keep calling tomorrow. I’m in Atlanta by the way. So if you know someone who could receive me by the end of the week, that would be awesome!!! Thanks !!!

I would definitely see someone earlier. Needs good examination. Mayne a hair Transplant doctor in your area so they know what they’re looking at. I am mostly concerned about the bluish discolouration. Maybe needs some debridement to expose the healthy tissue under and promote tissue healing. Some also consider aspirin to improve blood flow. 

• Like 4

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

15 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I would definitely see someone earlier. Needs good examination. Mayne a hair Transplant doctor in your area so they know what they’re looking at. I am mostly concerned about the bluish discolouration. Maybe needs some debridement to expose the healthy tissue under and promote tissue healing. Some also consider aspirin to improve blood flow. 

Thanks you Dr for your time and response. I've seen you spend time responding to others on this forum and it really shows your passion and dedication. 

I know with skin ulcers (since I'm currently fighting one on my heel) debridement has helped a lot. Also keeping it moist has been key but I'm not sure if this translates to the head. I copied you because I know that infections can quickly fester so your opinion is greatly valued here. 

Edited by JoeMan
  • Like 1

Maybe call Dr. Anderson in Atlanta. He's supposed to be a top HT surgeon in the area. Express to his staff the importance of getting his medical opinion. I would also let them know that they won't be held liable for any results. Dr's get weird about taking on other Dr's issues so just keep this in mind. It's probably a long shot but I do think seeking out another HT Dr makes sense. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Thanks you Dr for your time and response. I've seen you spend time responding to others on this forum and it really shows your passion and dedication. 

I know with skin ulcers (since I'm currently fighting one on my heel) debridement has helped a lot. Also keeping it moist has been key but I'm not sure if this translates to the head. I copied you because I know that infections can quickly fester so your opinion is greatly valued here. 

Yes that is true. But you need to assess how the healing is under the scabs. If skin is healing then the scab is really acting like a dressing. However, if the scabbing is hiding unhealthy tissue, then it needs debridement to improve healing. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

7 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Yes that is true. But you need to assess how the healing is under the scabs. If skin is healing then the scab is really acting like a dressing. However, if the scabbing is hiding unhealthy tissue, then it needs debridement to improve healing. 

@Eff Brown I dont know about this situation but isnt it safe to remove the scabs @DrTBarghouthi with clean hands just put schampoo and try to make the scabs easy to remove since its 15 DAYS POST OP? So you can see whats going on under. 

The situation does not look nice but since the scabs are still there, they are normally removed on Day 10 with schampoo until they are soft and moist and easy to just massage away.

Edited by digi23

2 minutes ago, digi23 said:

@Eff Brown I dont know about this situation but isnt it safe to remove the scabs @DrTBarghouthi with clean hand just put soap and try to make the scabs easy to remove since its 15 DAYS POST OP? So you can see whats going on under. 

The situation does not look nice but since the scabs are still there, they are normally removed on Day 10.

Yes indeed. That’s what i meant by debridement. However, i thought if ny seeing a doctor he can probably do that under a clinic guidance, in case the skin under is raw or infected. 

• Like 2

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• 1 month later...

Guys, first m, I would like to reiterate my thanks to all of you who took time to show me your support with your thoughts and words. 2 months post-op now, I have been on antibiotics and antiseptic creams for 60 days. Tomorrow is my last antibiotics pills day. Please take a look at the picture I just uploaded today. I plan to start a 3 months treatment with Nutrafol Men and Biotine gummies to help with the growth. Doctors can’t stipulate if hair will grow on the infected spots, now healed. They say to wait until healing is complete. What do you think ?

61E87977-6566-4585-A5E6-430810AD5197.jpeg

• Like 3

On 2/23/2022 at 12:10 AM, J.A.C said:

Which clinic was this ? Damn dude 5.5k is so many to do in one session. Really hope you can get it treated, Dr/Nurse can help too. 

Sorry to hear you have had complications.

Asli Tarcan are known butchers with little regard for patient health, results or safety.

Been hearing more and more about Asli Tarcan, how does this place still exist?

I'm surprised there hasn't been lawsuits.

It's nice to see that your scalp is healing well now, but those spots which had scabbing look rough.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SeanToman said:

Been hearing more and more about Asli Tarcan, how does this place still exist?

I'm surprised there hasn't been lawsuits.

As far as HT's go, it's a budget clinic. In theory, people who are on a tight budget do not have the resources to bring about pressure on places like this.

27 minutes ago, MAIZE1694 said:

As far as HT's go, it's a budget clinic. In theory, people who are on a tight budget do not have the resources to bring about pressure on places like this.

I was in a barber shop last week, the barber was from Turkey and he said he got a transplant near his hometown for 700 euro. I asked him how many grafts and he said 'they just took what they needed'.  You can certainly get scary clinics!

• Sad 2