Question about Dr.Bicer

Hi guys,

I’m from Portugal and soon I’ll be traveling to turkey in order to get my first hair transplant. I’m 28 and have been balding since my early 20s. I’m currently a Norwood IVA. After many hesitation, I’ve booked my procedure and the day is coming. 

I’n getting anxious about the procedure and although the results posted here are great I feel that if things don’t work out for me, there’s no going back. I’m currently diving into some more reviews and I saw someone referencing that Bicer’s Hairline design does not include temple restoration. Could you please confirm me this?

Also, could someone who has already done the procedure with Dr.Bicer advise me on the best way to pay? From what I could check with the clinic, Credit Card is accepted but I’ll have to pay 10% more due to bank fees. I really want to avoid the 10% commission, but don’t feel safe traveling with all that money in cash. How have you done to manage the payment? 

Any fellow Portuguese who has gone trough the same?

Thank you for your help in advance! 
My nerves are building up minute by minute.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JC71 said:

I really like Dr Bicer and she has many patient and clinic results here… but I have to wonder why your not choosing Dr Ferreira or Dr Pinto ? You have 2 of the best in Portugal 🇵🇹 

To be honest, I’ve booked with Dr.Bicer due to her status, experience and results showed on this forum. I’m looking for the best result possible, and I couldn’t find many reviews on Dr. Pinto and Dr. Ferreira so I chose Bicer. Should I reconsider? Thank you so much for your help

Just now, HairtransplantPT said:

To be honest, I’ve booked with Dr.Bicer due to her status, experience and results showed on this forum. I’m looking for the best result possible, and I couldn’t find many reviews on Dr. Pinto and Dr. Ferreira so I chose Bicer. Should I reconsider? Thank you so much for your help

For me Dr Pinto + Dr Ferreira are 2 of the best in Europe, If you search here and on other forums (spainish/Italian) you will find results. With those 2 in your own country it would be a easy choice for me. As I mentioned, Dr Bicer is a good choice, but I don’t consider her in the same league. @Portugal25is someone you could reach out too. Did you also consult/consider anybody else ? 

• Like 1

I chose Dr. Ferreira and I'm really glad that I did. I'm only 6 weeks post op on Tuesday but already have some growth. I'll update on Tuesday or Wednesday. I think you'd be better off going to Dr. Pinto or Dr. Ferreira. What area in Portugal are you from? 

• Like 2

I just don't think Dr. Biçer is in the same league but of course this is subjective. I really was close to choosing her as at the time she was 1/2 the price. She has since raised her price and in my opinion I'd definitely choose the Portuguese options over her since the rate increase. 

Just my opinion though...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JoeMan said:

I chose Dr. Ferreira and I'm really glad that I did. I'm only 6 weeks post op on Tuesday but already have some growth. I'll update on Tuesday or Wednesday. I think you'd be better off going to Dr. Pinto or Dr. Ferreira. What area in Portugal are you from? 

Thank you for your help! I’m from Lisbon! Just called to Dr.Pinto clinic and he is fully booked for 2022, either for appointments or procedures. They’ll inform me if someone give up. Having in mind that my procedure with Bicer is this week …. My anxiety is through the roof

Hi man,

Yeah, as John says, Bicer is good and I do like her work, but I personally don't believe she's in the same league as your fellow Portuguese surgeons in Dr. P and Dr. F. Imo they are both some of the best in the world and are direct competitors for any of the big names, they're as good as good gets. Dr. P is 2.6 EUR per graft and Dr. F is 3 EUR per graft, so not much more expensive than Bicer who is now 2 EUR per graft and you have the convenience of staying in your own country with a team of native speakers.

Dr. P has lot's of results on the Spanish forum, around about 60 patient cases, so you can see them on there, give me a DM if you want a link as I can't post in here.

I would cancel and go with either Ferreira or Pinto.

• Like 2

• Administrators

In my opinion, Dr. Bicer is one of the best in Turkey, she is giving really personalized care. She's a great surgeon. As for temple work, can you share some pictures? I think temple work is very specialized, and really most people don't need them. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/20/2022 at 10:09 PM, HairtransplantPT said:

Hi guys,

I’m from Portugal and soon I’ll be traveling to turkey in order to get my first hair transplant. I’m 28 and have been balding since my early 20s. I’m currently a Norwood IVA. After many hesitation, I’ve booked my procedure and the day is coming. 

I’n getting anxious about the procedure and although the results posted here are great I feel that if things don’t work out for me, there’s no going back. I’m currently diving into some more reviews and I saw someone referencing that Bicer’s Hairline design does not include temple restoration. Could you please confirm me this?

Also, could someone who has already done the procedure with Dr.Bicer advise me on the best way to pay? From what I could check with the clinic, Credit Card is accepted but I’ll have to pay 10% more due to bank fees. I really want to avoid the 10% commission, but don’t feel safe traveling with all that money in cash. How have you done to manage the payment? 

Any fellow Portuguese who has gone trough the same?

Thank you for your help in advance! 
My nerves are building up minute by minute.

I am on the same situation as yourself. Started on early 20s, currently 27. I honestly think you had two great doctors in there for the proccedure which IMO are a few leagues ahead of Bicer. I think you could get away with Pinto having a similar price if I aint mistaken. 

But I still think that Bicer is a good doctor herself so hopefully you will be ok. 

BTW portuguese myself, currently residing in the UK, its good to see some portuguese people around these parts. 

Boa sorte ;)

Edited by TheGreatPretender

On 2/22/2022 at 10:14 PM, TheGreatPretender said:

Boa sorte ;)

This is amazing and gives me some more confidence. 

I have to say to you all that I ended up going with Bicer and I’m currently 1 hour post-surgery and would love to hear your takes on how it went 🙂 Could you help me? 

I may do a full review if you think that’s worth it!

thank you so much for your help and dedication to this thread! 

84097970-0B0E-4617-B505-CC115D0FF93A.jpeg

91396A8B-B73C-483F-95F9-2A5176DFE4DE.jpeg

Edited by HairtransplantPT
Pictures added
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Yes please do a write up. It will also help you track your progress as well as helping others in their decision. I'm sure she did a great job!

Thank you for all your help! I’ll do a right up 🙂 I’ve added photos, this was right after the procedure. 10 minutes after approximately. Your comments are very very very appreciated 

20 hours ago, HairtransplantPT said:

This is amazing and gives me some more confidence. 

I have to say to you all that I ended up going with Bicer and I’m currently 1 hour post-surgery and would love to hear your takes on how it went 🙂 Could you help me? 

I may do a full review if you think that’s worth it!

thank you so much for your help and dedication to this thread! 

84097970-0B0E-4617-B505-CC115D0FF93A.jpeg

91396A8B-B73C-483F-95F9-2A5176DFE4DE.jpeg

Congrats for your transplant. 

Its a bit early to say, wait a few days until the scabs are out and you may be get a better view but as I said you should be ok. Bicer has a good reputation and its probably one (if not) the best doctor(s) in Turkey. Would be a surprise not to have a good result. 

• 1 month later...

@HairtransplantPT So I got mine in March of this year with Bicer and I paid cash. Like you, I felt weird about traveling with all that cash, but I booked their VIP package that include transportation and the hotel less than a block away. So while I felt nervous, I really didn’t feel unsafe walking less than a block from the Sheraton hotel to the clinic. You should be fine, it’s a nice area too.

• 2 months later...