1st HT FueGenix front 2050g + 2nd HT crown now 10 months later 2440g

Alexander1976

In recent years, more and more hairs on my forehead and on my crown have disappeared, starting when I was 25. By the time I was 45 it seemed like it had stopped a bit but still I wasn't happy with the tufts that were still there as I hung around the edges and behind my head (aka 'the eternal snow', I learned later). ) had a lot of hair. I hesitated to shave my entire head, but I thought that was a big step.
After doubting it for a long time, I decided to have a hair transplant in 2021. However; coming from that decision to the actual treatment is also a big step. Because where do you start? What's possible? What will the quality be? Who is skilled and what are the costs? I had so many questions...

That's why I went to investigate. There are quite a few clinics where you can have a transplant performed, both in the Netherlands and in Turkey, for example. But I did not want a treatment in Turkey because of the negative experiences I read about it and if I have questions, it feels very far away. After having had a number of conversations at various clinics in the Netherlands, one clinic really stood out; hair clinic FueGenix of doctor M. Ahmad.
The introductory meeting in the clinic in Bergen op Zoom was very pleasant right away. Doctor Ahmad is straightforward, no-nonsense and gives his honest opinion about the possibilities and impossibilities. He painted a realistic picture of the possibilities for me. I received a clear and honest answer to all questions. I really appreciated that because then you immediately know what to expect and what not to expect.

I had the hope that my whole head, both the front and the back, could be treated with one operation so that I would be ready immediately. But Dr. Ahmad didn't think that was a good idea. This would put too much stress on the donor area, the side and back where the hairs had to come from, which would increase the risk of scar tissue and inflammation. Dr. Ahmad's advice was to tackle the front first, because that is the most visible, then to see how the donor area would heal and then determine what was possible for the crown. We got to work.

My first hair transplant took place in May 2021, where the front of my head was treated. Except for the very painful anesthetic injections, it was doable. At noon I got a sandwich and it was wonderful to be able to sit up straight. Doctor Ahmad is knowledgeable and also performed the transplant himself. His assistant arranged the sorting of the hair follicles (the grafts) according to the number of hairs per graft and in the afternoon she assisted with replacing the grafts. Eventually 2,050 grafts were placed on the front of my head with 1 to a maximum of 5 hairs per graft.
The days after the operation I had to get used to sleeping sitting and the obligatory rest. But partly due to good care of my partner, which is essential to keep calm, the healing went very well. In the early days of healing, I also had daily contact with Dr. Ahmad, sending him photos and updating me on the status of the healing process. After a few weeks the hair fell out, which shocked me, but that was part of it. After 2 months the hair started to grow again and after 4 months I was very positively surprised about the result. I had her again! Over the next few months, it got thicker and thicker.

After this first treatment and the healing of the donor area, it could be determined whether a second transplant was possible and what amount could still be removed. During a subsequent conversation, it appeared that due to a correct extraction (sufficient distance from each other) of the grafts at the first HT, which led to a good healing of the donor area, a second hair transplant was possible. 10 months after my first hair transplant, I went for the second transplant in February 2022 for the treatment of the crown.
2,440 grafts could be placed on the crown. This just happened last week so I am now in the recovery phase with, again, good support and care at home. If the recovery, healing and result with this second treatment are comparable to the first transplant, then I'm super satisfied!

Dr. Ahmad has even indicated that there is also room for a third transplant (about 1,000 to 1,250 grafts) to treat the coves and to slightly lower the front hairline. He was only able to determine this during the second transplant.

That is the ultimate result for me; a full head of hair without coves. I am really looking forward to that third treatment.
But even now I am very happy with the result of the first hair transplant because it has already become a true work of art. It looks very natural.

For now recovering well from the second transplant and looking forward to the third.

I can therefore recommend everyone to go to FueGenix because of the expert and honest, no-nonsense approach and treatment by Dr. Ahmad!

1e voor HT zijkant voorzijde.jpg

1e voor HT voorzijde bovenop.jpg

1e na zijkant voorzijde.jpg

1e na HT voorzijde bovenop.jpg

1e na HT zijkant voorzijde.jpg

10 maanden resultaat zijkant voorzijde 1.jpg

10 maanden resultaat zijkant voorzijde.jpg

10 maanden resultaat voorkant bovenop.jpg

10 maanden resultaat voorkant 1.jpg

10 maanden resultaat voorkant.jpg

2e voor HT kruin  en achterzijde.jpg

2e voor HT kruin bovenop.jpg

2e na HT kruin .jpg

2e na HT donorgebied.jpg

• Like 2

Absolutely Impeccable work. Really been enjoying seeing more and more Fuegenix results, yours is no exception! And look at you go, 2 transplants I’n already… Great approach/planning here 👍🏽

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I’ve been impressed by Dr. Munib

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...