3500 Grafts with Dr.Erkan Demirsoy

Mugen904

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2022 at 2:54 PM, Mugen904 said:

757DFA53-8D86-47E9-B0D7-5CEF1881532C.jpeg

It's funny how directions seem to differ clinic to clinic.  I was told no alcohol for a full 2 weeks prior, but only to avoid caffeine the morning of the procedure. Also included in my instructions was not to engage in any strenuous exercise for a week prior and no smoking for 2 weeks prior.  I have no idea why they would recommend discontinuation of finasteride prior to surgery - that's the first I've ever heard of that.  Anyway, you look to be healing fine and the work looked dense enough that you should be looking good in several months time.

• Confused 1

for 2.5 month, since you got a shock loss can't really say anything about it, but i think you can expect some growing here and there, most would say by month 5/6 you'd be able to see a little less than half of the transplanted hair.

1 hour ago, John1991 said:

It's funny how directions seem to differ clinic to clinic.  I was told no alcohol for a full 2 weeks prior, but only to avoid caffeine the morning of the procedure. Also included in my instructions was not to engage in any strenuous exercise for a week prior and no smoking for 2 weeks prior.  I have no idea why they would recommend discontinuation of finasteride prior to surgery - that's the first I've ever heard of that.  Anyway, you look to be healing fine and the work looked dense enough that you should be looking good in several months time.

yeah there seem to be no agreed upon specific, just the main factors. i'm also quite confused on the finasteride tbh, minoxidil i know acts similar to a vasolidator, along with caffein, which means there might be more bleeding opposed to without it. finas though, is still a question mark for me. you going to dr demirsoy?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Great result so far! 😮 From what I remember researching, Demirsoy is considered one of the best Turkey clinics for his price range ($1-1.5 per graft?). Did he perform all the extractions and incisions himself?

I'd still be leery about gambling with him or anyone else with a too-good-to-be-true price myself, but I'm glad you're getting well beyond your money's worth in your case.

1 hour ago, Trichotrophy said:

Great result so far! 😮 From what I remember researching, Demirsoy is considered one of the best Turkey clinics for his price range ($1-1.5 per graft?). Did he perform all the extractions and incisions himself?

I'd still be leery about gambling with him or anyone else with a too-good-to-be-true price myself, but I'm glad you're getting well beyond your money's worth in your case.

Thank you so much, very happy how everything is turning. He did extractions but his nurses did incisions.

On 7/8/2022 at 11:46 PM, Mugen904 said:

Thank you so much, very happy how everything is turning. He did extractions but his nurses did incisions.

Let me rephrase that, Dr does extractions and incisions cuts but his nurses insert hairs in.

This question is for anyone: How do transplant doctors handle the fact that you have the middle portion of your hairline still more or less in tact? Like I understand how they implant on the corners of the hairline where it's basically bald, but do they also transplant in the middle of the "M" area? Or do they leave that alone for fear of shock loss? 

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

This question is for anyone: How do transplant doctors handle the fact that you have the middle portion of your hairline still more or less in tact? Like I understand how they implant on the corners of the hairline where it's basically bald, but do they also transplant in the middle of the "M" area? Or do they leave that alone for fear of shock loss? 

He added density in the middle where my native hair is as well. I did have shock loss but it grew back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...