Dairy and hair loss

I have recently came across an article (and I see that are many more) that says the following:

"Dairy can destroy hair follicles because of its highly acidic nature and its ability to cause allergic reactions. ... The result is a constricted blood flow which leads to hair loss and hair thinning. Dairy products itself aren't harmful but the pasteurization process that it goes through is." - 

What are your thoughts on this ? 

Personally, I consume a lot of dairy, almost daily (milk, greek/plain yogurt, whey) because I like the taste and also because of the protein within them, however I am thinking of taking a break from them for a few months to see if there are any improvements in hair structure.

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link

40 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

I have recently came across an article (and I see that are many more) that says the following:

"Dairy can destroy hair follicles because of its highly acidic nature and its ability to cause allergic reactions. ... The result is a constricted blood flow which leads to hair loss and hair thinning. Dairy products itself aren't harmful but the pasteurization process that it goes through is." - 

What are your thoughts on this ? 

Personally, I consume a lot of dairy, almost daily (milk, greek/plain yogurt, whey) because I like the taste and also because of the protein within them, however I am thinking of taking a break from them for a few months to see if there are any improvements in hair structure.

Never heard this before, interesting if true though...

I doubt it's an issue but may be worth evaluating whether you are consuming an excessive amount.

I switched to Almond Milk with cereals a few years ago and actually prefer it.  It has a lot less sugar (I go for the unsweetened version) which is good.  Most brands the add calcium and other vitamins to give it a similar profile to milk.

I still have milk in coffee etc.

Maybe try some alternative protein powders as well.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

No no no this is just wrong 🤦‍♂️ 

If dairy caused hair loss it would definitely be extremely well known. This side effect would have been known thousands of years ago when the cavemen first started consuming dairy...

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 1