Bad experience with Dr. Eberson Amsterdam

hairloss1234

Hi All, just want to inform you of a really bad experience I have had with Dr. Eberson based in the Netherlands.  

25 and got 1500 grafts. Dr. Eberson tried to add too much density and resulted in huge amount of hair loss to my quality hair and less than 50% of grafts surviving. 

I don’t want to add pictures as it is hard for me to see. I wish I was better advised by Dr. Eberson throughout the treatment and wish he didn’t try to add too much density. 

I am now looking for other solutions, PRP, medication, stem cell, etc. as I can’t afford to use much more grafts in the same area. 

Edited by hairloss1234

@hairloss1234 I understand it is a pain and can be hard to take pictures, but it is hard for anyone to give you an accurate opinion without seeing pictures. 

Most people complain of a lack of density, not too much. 

How long ago was the HT? If it was only months ago, there is a chance this is just temporary shock loss. But if you are farther along than that then there may be no change. 

• Like 2

Dr. himself admitted it wasn’t good so it’s not a matter of needing feedback but I appreciate the response. 

the HT was 1 year ago and was told by Dr. Ebserson that the hair will not grow back at this stage. 

He let it slip during one of our meetings that it was a disaster and went back on his words. 

I didn’t come on here for feedback but more to advise people as I wish I had been 

Thanks. 

• Administrators

Do you mind sharing the pictures with me privately via pm? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Nobody should be coming on a public forum and saying how bad a doctor’s work is without backing it up with evidence. I’m not saying it hasn’t happened, just that anyone can say something bad about a doctor and give them a bad reputation for personal reasons. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

Nobody should be coming on a public forum and saying how bad a doctor’s work is without backing it up with evidence. I’m not saying it hasn’t happened, just that anyone can say something bad about a doctor and give them a bad reputation for personal reasons. 

Doctors essentially have zero accountability and can easily gaslight patients or otherwise turn the tables back on them. It's par for the course with botched procedures. 

While evidence is appreciated, I have no problem with doctors being called out at face value. Patients should not feel intimidated to express their own feelings regarding their own surgeries. 

This is an open forum, Dr. Eberson is free to respond in kind. 

2 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

Doctors essentially have zero accountability and can easily gaslight patients or otherwise turn the tables back on them. It's par for the course with botched procedures. 

While evidence is appreciated, I have no problem with doctors being called out at face value. Patients should not feel intimidated to express their own feelings regarding their own surgeries. 

You're missing the point everyone is saying that you need some type of evidence for making a claim like that. What if this guy shared some pictures that looked really good, but to him was a fail? You really asking for the doctor to come on here and defend himself against a weak claim like this? 

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

I'm not sure how Dr Eberson (or any Dr finding themselves in this situation) could respond in any meaningful way on a public forum if no images are shared publicly by the complainant. It would just be two people saying different things on a forum with no photographic evidence provided by either side from which everyone else could examine. That's a pointless exercise. It may as well just remain private between the patient and the Dr.

If the OP is going to claim that he's been done wrong (a "disaster') by a doctor, he should evidence those claims. It helps neither the clinic, nor any potential forum readers thinking of getting surgery, for someone to post a negative review of any clinic without substantiation. The opposite is true also... Would you take someone's word "at face value" if they told you they went to X, Y or Z clinic and had an amazing result, but couldn't/wouldn't evidence it?

We should only take claims (positive or negative) seriously when they're evidenced.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

I can't agree with this. The reason forums like these are probably the most reliable way of finding the best HT clinics for them and knowing which ones to avoid is through people posting pictures of their results so we can just see for ourselves, not just trust the words of a random anonymous person on the internet. If we accepted people just saying whatever without evidence, than this place is no better than Yelp or Google Reviews! I am not at all saying that what the OP says is not true, it's just that it's completely not useful/helpful for others unless we can actually see what he's talking about. 

Here is a link of someone else's comment saying that a hair mill is actually a great place to get a HT and that they got a good result from them. But they refused to give post pictures. Should we just believe them and feel this clinic would be a legitimate option? 

Edited by jackiema
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I normally don 't reply much on forums because not so much time to check internet or time to post so much online.

But the story is actually a little bit different but can' t tell too much because of medical privacy / file. Off course I can post before pictures if hairloss1234 wants me to and he would present his after pictures. When he came in for a inbetween check at 9 months postoperative I could see a few spots/patches open at the sides and told him, because he was totally unhappy with this result, that I would like to fill in these little spots for free. It would probably need around 400 to 500 grafts max. Patient did not take my offer after multiple times asking that I wanted to help him and wanted him to be happy with his endresult. He refused and told me that he didn 't believe in me anymore or the new operation. Harvesting 500 grafts would thin out or destroy his donor area according to his believe.

It is not a bad result or a disaster as told by hairloss1234. It probably needs some touch up but he didn 't send me his last pictures after 12 months so can 't really tell you guys about the final result. Patient refuses to send pictures to us.

Ok hope hairloss1234 would show his end result finally so I can see it too.

Dr Eberson

Edited by DrEberson