Re: Any advice would be helpful

Shaggy26

Hi there,

I'm 26 and have had my first sessions of 750 grafts 4 months ago at the temple areas on both sides.

I'm a little concerned as I don't have much regrowth as yet. Is this normal? How much longer do I have to wait before I get to see the full results?

I'm also losing my mid scalp region quite rapidly which absolutly sucks, so I'm considering my next procedure pending my surgeon's advice.

Does the scar at the back get bigger with the more procedures or will it stay around the same?

How many grafts on average will be needed to cover this mid scalp area?

Look forward to your help in this matter.

Cheers

Hi there,

I'm 26 and have had my first sessions of 750 grafts 4 months ago at the temple areas on both sides.

I'm a little concerned as I don't have much regrowth as yet. Is this normal? How much longer do I have to wait before I get to see the full results?

I'm also losing my mid scalp region quite rapidly which absolutly sucks, so I'm considering my next procedure pending my surgeon's advice.

Does the scar at the back get bigger with the more procedures or will it stay around the same?

How many grafts on average will be needed to cover this mid scalp area?

Look forward to your help in this matter.

Cheers

No worry's man... It takes some time for the growth period to start. 4 months is not enough to judge anything. As for the mid scalpe lose, sounds like the same thing I went through on my first procedure at 26. Mine were the hairs that were destined to fall out, just was excellerated by the procedure. You are right in planning ahead. I think it is a good idea for that. I'm 29 now, and have had 2 HT's. Am waiting on the results from the 2nd, since it was done at the end of November. Read around the board, you should be able to get the info. you need.

Also, where did you get your HT, and how many grafts did you get?

Your first goal should be to stop losing any more hair.

Some guys can stop their hair loss from progressing with Propecia. Are you using Propecia? There seems to be anecdotal evidence that Propecia can help prevent post surgery "shock loss". The surgery can accelerate your hair loss, in the sense that it speeds up the loss of hairs that were already on the way out. But if you have male pattern baldness (and I assume you do) basically all of your hair can be "on the way out".

As Rooster says the grafts go into a dormant phase after surgery, which lasts about 10-12 weeks average. Then they slowly start to grow in. So you should hopefully start seeing signs of growth soon.

Your clinic should have explained some of this basic info to you before you had surgery.

Hi there,

Thanks for the tips Rooster and Arfy.

I'm already on Minoxidil and Propecia at the moment and I've been on them for about 4 years.

It seems that these products only reduce the amount of hair that I'm losing. But i'm unfortunately losing the rest of it like a cat.

My first HT was for 750FU and this was done through Dr Martinick in Australia. She is quite the quality surgeon. They have advised me about some of the questions I've had, but I'm young and I'm to anxious of my own good. All I seem to do is worry about my hair loss, which I sure you will agree.

Anyway I think the hair on my sides and back are falling out as well, is this common?

I did go through some shock loss at the back when I had it, but is it possible to continue for a while longer or should it have resolved by now?

Also what is the average amount of grafts needed to cover a average sized head? Just wondering how many more I will need to go under so I can budget.

Thanks again,

Cheers Shaggy26

Not sure what you mean by the back. Do you mean the crown? If so, all sounds quite normal to me. It sounds like you are losing what you would have lost anyway. As for how many grafts... everyone is different. I would think a Norwood 4-5 would need around 5000. But that is a complete guess. Just going by what I've read around the board. Good Luck and keep us updated!