Shaving My Head After Three Hair Transplants (3 Reasons Why You Should Shave)

• Administrators

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I have never recalled shaving my head fully as a teen or adult. It would probably be the first time doing so with a hair transplant and i guess it's probably got another benefit. 

You might actually get an idea of how that would look in the mirror on you too should you ever decide to buzz it all off and rock the shaved look. 

Personally i think the most important is the surgical planning and results factor. You can enjoy the fruits of the labour when it's fully grown out and matured 12+ months later. 

Also, funny how i've spotted my name twice in two videos scrolling on the forum :D

• Haha 1

Thought you meant shaving when you have had one ha. I went against the grain a bit and shave mine all the time. I basically can’t stand waiting with all the patches etc. And as I have been shaving my hair since 19 basically after most of it had gone (44 now) I am used to the short look and like the transplants small atm anyway. Hoping that I’ll give myself the chance to let it grow and see what’s what mid this year as just sat my second HT. But can already see a few patches that didn’t take from the first. But it’s peeps like yourself who make me realise more is possible. 

• Administrators
Just now, Stewie said:

Thought you meant shaving when you have had one ha. I went against the grain a bit and shave mine all the time. I basically can’t stand waiting with all the patches etc. And as I have been shaving my hair since 19 basically after most of it had gone (44 now) I am used to the short look and like the transplants small atm anyway. Hoping that I’ll give myself the chance to let it grow and see what’s what mid this year as just sat my second HT. But can already see a few patches that didn’t take from the first. But it’s peeps like yourself who make me realise more is possible. 

I meant both haha, I've had three hair transplants, so this was technically shaving after 3. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

One thing I meant to ask the other day on the DRs recommendation submission but felt like the wrong place to ask is that. A lot of the reviews and patients on here have absolutely amazing results. But also have amazing hair qualities. I have a lot of donor hair, yet have super fine thing straight hair, which I guess is one of the worse traits. I would ask, is their a lot of results you know of in this more common cases for me to refer too?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, JP28 said:

@Melvin- Moderatoreven for a 200 grafts touch up? 

I mean if it’s two hundred grafts in an area that’s completely bald no. But if you’re going in between a lot of native hair, yes.

View my thread