Hi HRN

Spent the last couple of years searching & waiting for the right Doctor, could not of done it without this forum, huge help!

I'm 27, from the UK and booked in with Dr. Bicer in Istanbul next month, very excited!
What should I do to prepare myself for an easier journey?
Do you have any advice?
People who've had a HT, what would you do different? Or what helped you days before and after the surgery?

Thanks

Edited by mayotuna

17 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

alot

Any chance you could elaborate a little more please? 

7 hours ago, afra said:

I think you should calm down, you won't feel too much pain and your image will come to you in a short time.

I feel calm enough, just looking for some more advice I might have missed

Mayotuna,

Congratulations on your upcoming hair transplant procedure. I’m not familiar with your surgeon however, in order to make your journey go as smooth as possible, I’d like to be to follow your physicians preop and postoperative instructions. Be honest and upfront with your concerns. Ask questions both to your clinic and on this forum. Share your hair transplant experience and photos on this forum so people can provide you with support and encouragement.   Make sure you understand exactly how the procedure works and what’s in store over the next year to 18 months.  For example, make sure you understand what the healing process looks like, how to remove the scabs/crusts, when to expect her to shed, when to expect new signs of growth, understand that each patient is different and the growth process looks different for everyone, etc.  

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

11 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

procedure. I’m not familiar with your surgeon however, in order to make your journey go as smooth as possible, I’d like to be to follow your physicians preop and postoperative instructions. Be honest and upfro

Your not familiar with Dr Bicer.... she gets mentioned highly enough on here

Maybe I should be more specific.

Thanks @Rahal Hair Transplant. I understand the procedure and I will be asking those sort of questions to my Doctor.
I’m looking for more casual advice from people who’ve already had a HT, something they would of done differently ect, such as;

”Bring a travel pillow to help you sleep and not damage your transplanted hair” 

or

“Make sure to have food at the hotel incase you’re still hungry after the surgery and don’t want to go out in public just yet ect”

The little things that can help you have a more comfortable experience, hope that makes more sense 

1 hour ago, mayotuna said:

Any chance you could elaborate a little more please? 

there is way too much to get into, feel free to look at my profile history for the specifics. 

Very Very oversimplified - I was only 29 and a NW 3 when I started this journey. I was still very good looking as a NW 3, but still felt insecure about my hair loss. I was looking for a quick fix solution and it led to a lot of drama....

In hindsight I wish I could have lived with being a NW 3 for a bit longer, and delayed a HT until I was older and wiser to decide on doing it. It was a bit of an impulsive decision on my end. 

Please keep in mind that even if you get a homerun transplant with Bicer, you very well may need further multiple procedures in the next decade. 

Even if you just have one successful HT, you are still committing yourself to the HT journey. Once you get on the train there is no getting off.  

I am getting a repair surgery sometime this year to address all my issues. 

But as of this very moment, I deeply regret my hair transplant journey and wish I could have just mentally addressed my insecurities of being a NW 3. I was too young to understand the risks involved with a hair transplant. I was very naive and overly optimistic about this process. 

In many ways a hair transplant is analogous to getting a face tattoo you can never hide, except worse because its much much much much harder to remove or revise. It's great if you have fantastic results, but anything less than fantastic may leave you deeply unhappy and stressed. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 1