Am i balding?????

The pictures with number one in them are the ones of the right side of my forehead, i can see thinning spots (in my pov) and a difference between the two sides, while the pics with n. 2 seem normal

for frontal balding does balding usually start on both sides or its possible that one side starts before the other?

can anyone tell me is it my normal hair type or I did lose hair?

D2286A2F-5B22-442D-9D23-1EBA8E8BBB04.thumb.png.258640807684915c192d9e311cb490c6.png

89CAAA01-6027-41F3-94B0-98AA777F2B68.png

F514B708-A913-433C-8A0A-11BF79E00DC4.jpeg

B9173847-658E-4D31-B781-DC9AFCD2742B.jpeg

You're showing signs of hair loss. Particularly on your right temporal area and your temporal points have receded too but the sides look strong in the pictures. So you could get them restored probably quite well. 

Are you taking medication at all? 

You could just be losing your juvenile hairline.  Wouldn't hurt to get a miniaturization check.  How old are you?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Get an appointment with a HT doc and they can examine your hair to see if you are losing.  We can lose up to 50% of our hair before it's apparent to the naked eye.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 6:21 AM, aaron1234 said:

You could just be losing your juvenile hairline.  Wouldn't hurt to get a miniaturization check.  How old are you?

Sorry for late response i just saw your comment, im 21, is juvenile hair loss normal or a case? If normal why is my scalp thin can you explain more ?

On 1/26/2022 at 9:11 PM, Yacub sarkes said:

Im using ketoconazole for my seborrheic  dermatitis and some alpecin to stop hair loss (ive been using alpecin for 3 days so what you’re seeing aren’t results at all)

does seborrheic dermatitis cause hairloss? 

Nizoral is a good shampoo to probably use for its mild Anti-Androgen properties but ultimately you need to use Finasteride. I think if you combine that with some Microneedling you might potentially be able to save some of the hair in that temple area. 

You should drop the Alpecin. It's a waste of money imo. 

In regards to Seborrhoeic Dermatitis it's difficult to diagnose without a dermatologist. I'll tell you what though, my situation was BAD. Literally winter snow and dry skin constantly. Even using Nizoral for months never seemed to help. However, i finally added T-Gel into the mix. Got me a cheap large bottle on offer. Use it like 1-2x a week max and my scalp is significantly better and i still use the Nizoral where i can on alternate days. 

I recommend trying T-Gel for 4-6 weeks and see how it affects your situation. I don't itch as much with regular use, my scalp doesn't feel as inflamed and it's more Spring than Winter snow now lol

@Yacub sarkes

When I saw the title I went right to your photos to see your hair and after looking at the first photo, I was thinking that you were crazy thinking that had any signs of hair loss 🙂 

But… after reading what you wrote and looking at the pictures that are labeled number one, I do see that it looks like you’re experiencing the first signs of a receding hairline.

While seborrheic dermatitis can cause hair loss that’s not related to male pattern baldness, It’s typically seen on other areas of the scalp and not directly in the hairline area which is more indicative of Androgenetic alopecia. 

Oral treatments such as minoxidil might help a little but typically oral DHT blockers such as finasteride will work better for halting a receding hairline.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.