Guys,what i should do with this kind of hairloss ?

First of all im 24 

im dealing with this problem for 4 years now,i have these miniaturized hairs on sides and they dont want to go, its realy boring because as long i have those tiny hairs ,i cant consider a HT 

do you have any advices  ? they can get thicker with minoxidil ?

thank you and have a good day.

IMG_20220120_153651.jpg

larswvon,

Welcome to the forum. Firstly, when you say that you have tiny hairs on the sides of your scalp, are you referring to one particular location or have you been evaluated by a physician and you have miniaturized hairs all throughout the sides and back of your scalp?  Have you been diagnosed with diffuse alopecia or DUPA?   Unless there is miniaturization throughout the donor area, you may still be a candidate for a hair transplant.  That said, you can always try getting on finasteride which could help reverse the miniaturization over the course of a year.  Minoxidil might also help but if you have thinning throughout the entire scalp it would require a you to apply it everywhere there is miniaturization.  

Some additional information would help us in addressing your questions and concerns. 

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

1 hour ago, larswvon said:

First of all im 24 

im dealing with this problem for 4 years now,i have these miniaturized hairs on sides and they dont want to go, its realy boring because as long i have those tiny hairs ,i cant consider a HT 

do you have any advices  ? they can get thicker with minoxidil ?

thank you and have a good day.

IMG_20220120_153651.jpg

As mentioned above. Are you taking any medication like Finasteride? 

If not, that would certainly help to slow or halt the progression of further hairloss. Minoxidil could act to thicken the existing hair and consider Microneedling the frontal and thinning areas. 

Give all that MINIMUM of 12 months use and be consistent. Then re-evaluate and learn all about hair transplants and what you need to do. Nothing is as good as natural hair if you can keep as much of it as possible. Hair transplants are a last resort. 

At 24 years old you want to be hanging on to every hair for as long as possible, not hoping they'll fall out to make room for transplanted hair.

You're still very young in hair loss terms, if you lose too much more and don't start on medication, or don't respond well to medication, you could find yourself in a position where no ethical doctor will accept you as a patient.

And by medication I primarily mean finasteride, since it attacks the underlying cause of the hair loss. Minoxidil by itself is not a long term solution to keeping your hair.