Repair Case. Plug reduction plus 4000 grafts- Robert Haber, MD

this guy looks 1000X better! I do think that this looks right on par for 4000 grafts especially because he seems to be below average on the hairs per graft scale which I believe is 2.2. It is still sad however that as natural as this looks if I passed him on the street I would spot his HT from a mile away.

Doc, does this gentleman have any donor left? If so where would you place the grafts? The "water around the island" should get the most attention IMO.

I think I would have just had the plugs removed and just lived with the scars. The hairline looks very nice now, but something about the top down shot looks unnatural to me. Maybe he just needs another pass.

I agree with Dakota on this one. This guy looked atrocious with those old plugs, but now his hairline looks very natural. I'm trying not to get too caught up in graft counts because there are a number of recent posts from physicians that show that hair characteristics play a far greater role in getting good looking coverage than a simple graft count. For all we know this patient may have had very thin hair. If he had 4,000 grafts exactly, his average would be 1.96 hairs per graft, a number that is below the 2.2 average. I would absolutely go for another pass (if possible) to add some coverage, but the improvement for a repair is truly outstanding in my opinion.