Stuck ink under the skin after hair transplant

xpabloxx

Hi. I had a hair transplant 3 months ago in Istanbul. And I have some black lines it looks like a tattoo. I believe it’s the ink the used to mark where the hairline should go and somehow it got under the skin? I contacted the clinic they said it’s normal and will go off. But it’s been 3 months already.
Did anybody have the same problem?
How to fix it?

2F4773C4-4DC1-4BE3-8715-C582BEAECD64.jpeg

AC37DB12-64B6-48BC-BEFE-A6B5EE95389E.jpeg

CBFF58EB-0E72-4486-A995-120A65765943.jpeg

Mind sharing the name of the clinic and doc?

Tjhis is not normal at all. See a dermatologist asap. Maybe this is just me being cynical, but I'm sure the clinic actually does know what caused this, but they have no incentive to be honest with you. They do, on the other hand, have every incentive to say "its normal it will go away" in hopes that you will just bugger off. 

There are plenty of bad HT docs and clinics that lack skill, experience, passion, and artistic vision, but even so you can still expect them to get the fundamental/rudimentary basics of surgery right. A clinic that fails even the basics of surgery (ink under the skin?!?!) is pretty concerning. 

If this truly was a foreseen potential side effect from the surgery, don't you think the clinic would have mentioned this as a possibility beforehand, just like they told you about all the other post-op items?

I question how successful the actual hair transplant will be, considering you already have this issue. 

Edited by SadMan2021

If it was ink from a pen, such as a felt tip, or even permanent marker pen, this should have gone from a normal skin shedding cycle, or at the very worst, been absorbed into the blood stream and kicked out by the body long ago. Weird

• Like 1

Maybe have a dermatologists look at it? I think that's what I might do if it was me. I don't think they'd have a great answer either. Can you possibly contact the clinic and ask for a picture of the pen that was used. Maybe additional information on this product may be helpful to a dermatologists? Reaching for staws here though...

Yeah, never seen this.

If I were to guess, I'd say hyperpigmentation of the skin during healing, maybe you had a ton of sunlight exposure to it post surgery? 

Doesn't particularly look like ink to me.

Check out my journey here:

Doesn't look like ink to me, and I wouldn't think that it would even be possible for it to be at 3 months in, although I'm not qualified to say that with certainty.

To my eyes, it looks to be some sort of marking left over by the (I'm assuming?) implanter pens... I've never seen it before, but it looks to be discoloured 'dots' so to speak, each located where the punctures from the pen would have been.

Maybe some sort of physiological issue with healing/the clinics technique (hopefully not, but perhaps they went too deep in places for example which has resulted in some pitting type scarring forming under the skin?) Or maybe it's just the grafts about to poke through the surface of the skin and so so the roots are becoming transparent though it which is leaving those black dots. Really I'm just throwing ideas around here - I don't think anyone here is going to be able to give you an answer unless this has happened to them also.

I'd advise to reach out to some renowned hair transplant doctors and get their opinion, I'd give Dr. Bisanga a shout personally, even if I had to pay for a consult with him or something.

• Like 2