General Hair Transplant Procedure Concerns

Apologies if this topic appears posted. I wasn't quite able to find information in the way i was looking for. 

So at the moment i'm giving serious consideration to a Hair Transplant and got a little excited and was about to put down a deposit and felt everything was hunky dory but after speaking with a few people, i felt i maybe had left some questions unanswered. Important questions. 

Watching certain YouTube videos of negative experiences just made me think i need to step back and evaluate a few things. It's always nice thinking you're going with a reputable clinic etc. but the individual also went to a respected clinic and it made me think i need to ask more and who better to ask and collect information from than this community. 

So firstly is my concern about FUE and how many grafts typical survive as a percentage and grow when transplanted.

How many are usually subject to transection. 

The ability of the clinic to manage this risk when dealing with more wavy hair. 

Things like shock loss being caused and if all this happened, how would you guys expect a clinic to respond and what reassurances would you seek? 

I'm currently looking at Eugenix and tbh, the price is a little more than i would have thought, but i figure they have experience on the areas i am looking for. 

The worst feeling would be to spend more money and get subpar results. With the taxes, it actually is probably double what i would spend, and don't get me wrong, i'm not saying i want to end up in a Turkish hair mill for half the price and get my donor destroyed. 

I just still think it's important to remember there's a cost involved there and it's sometimes not just about money but emotional if things did go awry and you spent more to end up in a bad spot. 

I also noticed buried in the back years ago uploads from Eugenix, there's something called "Anagen Desynchronisation" which talks about how you typically have a 20% reduction in hair volume because of the change in Anagen and Telogen phases. Does this concern others at all in regards to density? 

There's probably a bunch of other things i can add in following points but just wanted to get some advice not just for me but others into maybe one specific place about what specific questions you might want to have answered before jumping into the pool. 

Shock loss is very overstated i think.

I had it. Had to stop propecia.

And it still all came back.

It also important to look at Surgeons who are best at utilizing grafts.

No point going to Turkey getting 5000 grafts & only 3000 growing.

19 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

Shock loss is very overstated i think.

I had it. Had to stop propecia.

And it still all came back.

It also important to look at Surgeons who are best at utilizing grafts.

No point going to Turkey getting 5000 grafts & only 3000 growing.

Yeah, for sure. That's why the hair mill comment was made and wrecking donor supply. It's also why i was considering Eugenix as a place but i think the issue of shock loss you mentioned. 

You stopped Propecia? How long for, why and did you notice hair loss for the places that had been relying on that medication in that time? 

1 minute ago, NARMAK said:

Yeah, for sure. That's why the hair mill comment was made and wrecking donor supply. It's also why i was considering Eugenix as a place but i think the issue of shock loss you mentioned. 

You stopped Propecia? How long for, why and did you notice hair loss for the places that had been relying on that medication in that time? 

I had to stop after 2 years. It didnt actually really work anyway as I did lose hair on the medication also.

I have stopped since 2017. My hair has just gradually been thinning in the last 5 years.

I didnt notice any big shed after stopping just gradual hairloss every year mostly in the crown.

Im a diffuse thinner so I know I will need another transplant at least probably 2 more. But it is ok for now as my hairloss is progressing quite slowly atm.

Im looking at trying to get to Zarev in a year or 2.

44 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

I had to stop after 2 years. It didnt actually really work anyway as I did lose hair on the medication also.

I have stopped since 2017. My hair has just gradually been thinning in the last 5 years.

I didnt notice any big shed after stopping just gradual hairloss every year mostly in the crown.

Im a diffuse thinner so I know I will need another transplant at least probably 2 more. But it is ok for now as my hairloss is progressing quite slowly atm.

Im looking at trying to get to Zarev in a year or 2.

Thanks for sharing. 

It's unfortunate it doesn't help everybody but as a rule of thumb, i think most say it helps slow things down but when you are disposed nobody can predict for how long. 

Did you think of potentially upgrading to Dutasteride and combine with Minoxidil and Microneedling? 

Microneedling apparently doesn't have the same commitment and results can last more permanently. 

It is definitely a bit more hassle for Minoxidil but as they say, you sometimes get results based on being prepared to do the small labour's of applying it consistently.