Do I need an HT?

• Moderators

From what I've seen, Dr Resul Yaman has been putting out some very good results lately. I would have been hesitant to suggest him a few years ago, but it seems like he has improved and I think now he's probably a good choice these days if you are on a budget.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

From what I've seen, Dr Resul Yaman has been putting out some very good results lately. I would have been hesitant to suggest him a few years ago, but it seems like he has improved and I think now he's probably a good choice these days if you are on a budget.

Agreed. Apart from a brief not so good phase, he’s been very consistent since 👍🏽

8 hours ago, Gatsby said:

For your age and with the use of finasteride this drug has served you very well. If you have to go to Turkey (which I would personally avoid) I would only choose Dr Bicer. Wishing you all the best!

What is your take on Dr. Doğanay?

As for outside Turkey, how is Dr. Bisanga?

11 minutes ago, AVI1214 said:

What is your take on Dr. Doğanay?

As for outside Turkey, how is Dr. Bisanga?

Dr Bisanga or Dr Mwamba are both excellent choices. I just posted this chart on another thread which you might find interesting:

DF822D0E-E012-4564-9A49-D0AC22652FC7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Dr Bisanga or Dr Mwamba are both excellent choices. I just posted this chart on another thread which you might find interesting:

This is excellent. Thank you. Can you send me the URL to this please?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JC71 said:

That list with Eugenix needs a little update. The Exclusive package now is 120 Indian RS per graft and only has senior doctors and senior technicians involved. It doesn't have Dr Arika now involved. The 210 Indian RS package has her involved to make all slits, designing etc. but it no longer lists how many grafts she'll implant. Used to say 600 grafts maximum. Now the 350 Indian RS package is probably fully replaced. 

Personally i think this site gives a lot of good advice though on who to choose regardless of budget

23 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I would add topical dutasteride 1x per week but keep finasteride.

I asked my doc to prescribe me oral minoxidil and dutasteride. Here is his response. But he prescribed 2% Nizoral Shampoo though.

Oral minoxidil is not indicated for male pattern hair loss. It is an antihypertensive that works by dilation of peripheral blood vessels. I think it is not a very effective medicine for blood pressure as it is generally very hard to tolerate and likely would make you feel dizzy or lightheaded significantly. It is not clear that it is any more effective than the topical formulation for male pattern hair loss.

Dutasteride while it has a similar mechanism of action to finasteride is also not FDA approved for treating male pattern hair loss.”
Edited by AVI1214

6 hours ago, AVI1214 said:

I asked my doc to prescribe me oral minoxidil and dutasteride. Here is his response. But he prescribed 2% Nizoral Shampoo though.

Oral minoxidil is not indicated for male pattern hair loss. It is an antihypertensive that works by dilation of peripheral blood vessels. I think it is not a very effective medicine for blood pressure as it is generally very hard to tolerate and likely would make you feel dizzy or lightheaded significantly. It is not clear that it is any more effective than the topical formulation for male pattern hair loss.

Dutasteride while it has a similar mechanism of action to finasteride is also not FDA approved for treating male pattern hair loss.”

Oral Minoxidil is used "off label" for hair loss as is Dutasteride here in the UK. I personally am using it off label at the moment. Its really difficult to get FDA approval and that's why they didn't bother because of the issues also surrounding propecia.

It is however (Dutasteride) approved for hair loss in South Korea, so there is that.