FUE on Short Notice

Hi All,

29yo male from the United States. I was going to see Dr. Laorwong in Thailand later this month for a 2300-2500 FUE procedure to lower and pack hairline. Unfortunately, because of COVID travel to Thailand requires a 10 day quarantine regardless of test/vaccination status. I can't take that much time off of work (I work remote but the time zone differences make working from there very difficult). So, now I am looking for recommendations on similarly priced (2.50-3.50/graft) surgeons who may be options. I can travel pretty much anywhere (that is allowed right now) and I am looking to do ASAP as I would like to get through the beginning stages while it is still winter!

I've attached some photos as well for reference.

2F97CC0B-025F-4590-9B13-E3BA6889AD0A.thumb.jpeg.23fbf1d3b09867bab0686b4919539d8a.jpegFFF5C6EF-56F6-4E11-A5DC-B3CE352BF03A.thumb.jpeg.9582a81534df8c545e33d22a663ba30d.jpegD9BA2C75-B68F-4018-8CDA-FAB7E2570D15.thumb.jpeg.4df292dfaae6277ab26718b1b1634f9d.jpegA1D787C7-D4B9-4F4D-9270-4C781E0A949B.thumb.jpeg.d57b66f555fdad9c82bd9d4a4bbcad5a.jpegD50486DE-7ADB-4D0A-8EDC-0616D310D4AC.thumb.jpeg.4dfab63f0f56a7682648cc448c33e016.jpeg

Edited by rr1992

One of my greatest fears is waiting on a grueling 6 month-1 yr waitlist just to have things go haywire at the last minute....

None of the good docs will have immediate open availability. Even the sh*t docs won't have immediate availability.  But you can always shoot for the moon and get on the waitlist and hope there will be a cancellation you can be squeezed in for. 

If you have FU money you could always offer paying 3x the normal price or something like that. Perhaps you can pay off an upcoming HT patient who is ahead of you in line. I really doubt A-list celebrities and mega rich people have to patiently wait on 1 yr waitlists like the rest of us.  

Edited by SadMan2021

• Administrators

HDC, De Freitas, Bicer, Barghouthi, Eugenix, etc. Use our link

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I’m not sure if you mentioned this before, but are you on any meds for maintenance? Please feel free to send us some good photos of the donor and area of concern to assist you further. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Hi @DrTBarghouthi

There are photos in my original posting. I am currently taking finasteride and have bee for the last 6 months. I plan on starting minoxidil as well but figure may as well wait until after my procedure (assuming it happens sooner rather than later that is)

Edited by rr1992

7 hours ago, rr1992 said:

Hi @DrTBarghouthi

There are photos in my original posting. I am currently taking finasteride and have bee for the last 6 months. I plan on starting minoxidil as well but figure may as well wait until after my procedure (assuming it happens sooner rather than later that is)

Thanks. Yes it seems that 2500- 3000 grafts is what you will need for the frontal zone/temple recessions. It is great you’re on finasteride already. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram