Dr. Kaan Pekiner - Ankara, Turkey - 3004 Grafts, Norwood 5 - 02.12.2021

Ali4981

10 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

what are your next steps? are you happy. it looks good but still lot of baldness in crown. do you have enough to go back for round 2?

Honestly, I am very happy. if you look at my pre-op pics at the very top of my post. i was completely bald.

You have to remember the crown was never touched and I only had a frontal third surgery (temples, hairline to mid-scalp).

Dr Pekiner advised it was not possible to do the whole head in one block/session. What i have had done was over 3 days.

So pre-op to now ive been on finasteride MWF 1.25g per day.

Dr Pekiner advised to jump on minoxidil after 3 months of the surgery but i never did. - reason for that was because I was very pleased with the growth and felt like i didn't need to. Now im considering topical min for the crown? in any event I will be going back for second surgery.

• Like 1

i completely agree with Dr Pekiner's strategy. time and time over again. I have notice in the field of hair transplant - slow and steady wins the race. I regret having a big surgery for my first one and my doctor did not educate me. Can you post your donor area a bit. thanks

Wow for 8 months this is insane. Could you post some photos under direct sun light or outdoor lighting? 

additionally, do you plan on going only to pekiner for the crown? I think there would be better options for crown work but that of course is subjective. 

do you also happen to have any other photos in between months 3-8? When did the big transition hit? Since your hair is long it’s definitely hard to tell the type of coverage you have but I do like you posted back and front type of hair styles. 

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

Man, this is outstanding work!! Look at where you were 8 months go and how well and natural your hairline looks now!! Breathtaking, to be honest!

Wish you all the success for the second party of surgery and will be following your progress!

On 8/19/2022 at 12:33 PM, shiba1985 said:

can you tell me how i get in touch with him?

You can reach him through his advisor, Alex, at +393929905178. Dr P clinic name is Neo Head Clinic. I am scheduled HT with him from Aug 28 to 31 for ~ 4,500 with exactly the same kinda hairloss as Ali. However, I have requested Dr P for full coverage with a potential second surgery to get full density, of needed.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 5:16 PM, sukh123 said:

Three weeks after you get a idea about the density and how it. Will look . But as you said the big caveat is graft survival , if atleast 90 percent survive your in for a good result. If you don’t shed as much is that a sign of increased graft survival ?

Does taking fin help with graft survival how about topical fin?

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2022 at 4:11 PM, Ali4981 said:

Honestly, I am very happy. if you look at my pre-op pics at the very top of my post. i was completely bald.

You have to remember the crown was never touched and I only had a frontal third surgery (temples, hairline to mid-scalp).

Dr Pekiner advised it was not possible to do the whole head in one block/session. What i have had done was over 3 days.

So pre-op to now ive been on finasteride MWF 1.25g per day.

Dr Pekiner advised to jump on minoxidil after 3 months of the surgery but i never did. - reason for that was because I was very pleased with the growth and felt like i didn't need to. Now im considering topical min for the crown? in any event I will be going back for second surgery.

Amazing results. Pekiner is so good! Did he recommend oral or topical Min? 

• 2 months later...