Day 10 of hair transplant (4k :O), and still nervous about the regrowing of my transplant area

Elias

8 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Also I got to recommend you to research Finasteride since you are so young(23 you wrote in your other thread) and already had a hair transplant of 4000 grafts. 

Btw, do you know how long it usually takes for the redness to subside? I've been reading estimates ranging from two days to two years. And can it be mitigated by some creme or something? 

2 minutes ago, Elias said:

Btw, do you know how long it usually takes for the redness to subside? I've been reading estimates ranging from two days to two years. And can it be mitigated by some creme or something? 

Usually it dissapear in some months, I had redness for a pretty long time, still got some pink-ish tone after 3,5 months. I have seen people having it until about 6 months. You need to just take it easy now and not look yourself in the mirror everyday, its going to be a marathon not a sprint.

Just now, digi23 said:

Usually it dissapear in some months, I had redness for a pretty long time, still got some pink-ish tone after 3,5 months. I have seen people having it until about 6 months. You need to just take it easy now and not look yourself in the mirror everyday, its going to be a marathon not a sprint.

You're right man. I think it stems from me being an action kind of guy. I like being able to do something about my problems and not just wait stuff out. Thanks for taking time out to answer my questions!!

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

You should make sure to stick to one thread (this one!) and update only that one. Otherwise anyone following your previous thread(s) might potentially miss out updates if you start a new thread each time.

Your extraction area looks a bit small, which might be a concern. It's too soon to say at the moment though. I'd have expected a 4,000 graft extraction to wrap around the head more with more extractions above the ears/on the sides. With such a large session, you may of course experience some shock-loss, so getting a firm idea of where your donor is at could drag out for some time.

If you haven't experienced much shock loss, I'd expect you to have a much clearer indication of how things are in a couple of weeks. You're about 10 days post-op, right? I'm 3 weeks post op and my donor was looking pretty good after 3 or 4 days, and 21 days on it's basically spotless save for a little bit of patchiness on the right hand side. 99% of people would never notice - only those that are looking for it/know what they're looking for. My surgery was smaller however (2800 grafts), so you shouldn't expect such a quick recovery. However, like I say, in a couple of weeks your donor hair should have grown out to the sort of lengths than will test the extraction quality in a more indicative way. Everyone will have their own sweet spot for donor length in terms of making their HT look undetectable. It may well be that yours just needs a bit of extra length given the scale of the surgery, whereas my smaller surgery can look comparatively untouched at say, grade 1/2/3 etc... So hang in there for a few more weeks and see where you're at.

No need to worry at this stage.

Day 20. Skin is still very red (at least when using the flashlight to take pictures). Doesn't feel like much progress has been made the last week. Especially the backside looks increasingly patchy as the hairs are growing out. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...