Diffuse Hair Loss Transplant

Hello,

is a HT possible in my case?
Sides are also affected - especially above the ears, back of the head not (trichoscopy has been done).

Please note I'm not looking for a diagnosis - I have been to two reputable docs.
Density on the sparse frontal region was said to be around 90/cm^2 and actual normal hair thickness very high according to the trichoscopy.

Transplant should be behind hairline, since that one is still intact.

pk82jS1.jpg

• Administrators

How old are you? Are you on meds?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

24, yes on min since I'm 19 and fin/dut since 22. No change in hair density whatsoever after my last big shed (at 19). Laser treatments, prp and growth factor cocktails also done. Blood tests also.

I can hide it well, one trichologist said I didn't have hair loss (stupid mfer measured density on top of the sides..)

20210407_010449__01__01.jpg

20210128_100559.jpg

The most apparent risk would be shock loss with that much hair volume…if it were me, I would use cosmetics such as something like Toppik behind the hairline…you would be amazed at the result.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 12/10/2021 at 4:22 PM, gillenator said:

The most apparent risk would be shock loss with that much hair volume…if it were me, I would use cosmetics such as something like Toppik behind the hairline…you would be amazed at the result.

Yeah I guessed so..btw shock loss is usually temporary isn't it?

Nevertheless, I wouldnt want to spend more than 5k, which means turkey and after some research I didnt see any comforting transplant result regarding diffuse thinning from there. Will try other regenerative treatmens..

With that much volume of diffused hair, the risk of shock loss can certainly outweigh any small potential gains with surgery.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY