New to forum and HT. Which Surgeon, Clinic do you recommend for my case?

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and HT. Am I suitable for a HT, given my pics attached? If so, which surgeon and/or clinic do you all recommend for my case. Thus far, I'm aware that Eugenix handles higher Norwoods. I'm also trying to reach Dr. Zarev but unable to get a response.

FYI, I'm 40, and have been gradually thinning since I was a teenager. I know my donor area is limited and I have a large area of diffuse thinning. I am realistic and know in my 1st session I will only be able to cover the frontal scalp at the hairline to mid scalp to better aesthetically frame the face.

I'm currently on 1x0.5mg/day dutasteride and 2x2.5mg/day oral minoxidil. I'm stable with no new loss. I'm medically fit for surgery.

I appreciate your advice and the wisdom of the crowd so I head down the right research path.

Thanks all.

Front.jpg

Front Tilted.jpg

Top.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

Back Donor Area.jpg

Back Donor Area 2.jpg

Beard Under Chin.jpg

Edited by Eugenie
typos

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but this shows you have a few issues happening. Mostly that you have DUPA as well as retrograde Alopecia (look at your donor area) as well as clear Norwood 6 pattern already. And we can see it’s showing the dropping in the crown indicating a future Norwood 7 is most probable. Ok so the meds hopefully have slowed or stopped your loss for now which is good. However further thinning is more than likely going to occur. As you already show thinning at the sides I honestly would be seriously not be thinking of a Hair Transplant. Even your beard does not appear a good source. 
Personally I don’t think your a candidate for a hair transplant. It would be very easy to end up looking worse than you started. By all means consult with a ethical clinic such as Dr Bisanga, Eugenix, HDC, Dr Bicer & @DrTBarghouthi(Vertex) to see what they say but i think it would be Ill advised to go ahead. 

• Thanks 1

I would prefer for you to stick to the medication for the next while prior to considering any HT. You do seem to have thinning in the Donor as @JC71 mentioned and in that case it is best to wait and see. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

@JC71 I appreciate the real news. I will do my due diligence and get assessments from your recommended surgeons and clinics. I'm not familiar with DUPA so I Googled it and got this article:

https://donovanmedical.com/hair-blog/2014/12/19/what-is-dupa-diffuse-unpatterned-alopecia

Let me know if you recommend other resources on this and retrograde Alopecia. I am awaiting my 2 biopsy diagnosis to confirm the health condition of my hair-scalp at the frontal scalp and temporal side before I take any action.

@DrTBarghouthi Thanks for your advice. Do you recommend any other medication (oral or topical) to stack on? FYI, I'm 40, and have been gradually thinning since I was a teenager. Medication history: I started on 1x1mg/day finasteride February 2021 then switched to 1x0.5mg/day dutasteride since September 2021. I started on 1x2.5mg/day oral minoxidil March 2021 and then increased it to 2x2.5mg/day since September 2021.  I am awaiting my 2 biopsy diagnosis to confirm the health condition of my hair-scalp at the frontal scalp and temporal side before I take any action. Thanks for your recommendations.

Edited by Eugenie

On 12/3/2021 at 8:07 AM, Eugenie said:

@DrTBarghouthi Thanks for your advice. Do you recommend any other medication (oral or topical) to stack on? FYI, I'm 40, and have been gradually thinning since I was a teenager. Medication history: I started on 1x1mg/day finasteride February 2021 then switched to 1x0.5mg/day dutasteride since September 2021. I started on 1x2.5mg/day oral minoxidil March 2021 and then increased it to 2x2.5mg/day since September 2021.  I am awaiting my 2 biopsy diagnosis to confirm the health condition of my hair-scalp at the frontal scalp and temporal side before I take any action. Thanks for your recommendations.

You do seem to be on a good maintenance regimen and with the biopsy you are even covering more angles than routinely needed. I wouldn’t recommend much more as you seem to prefer tablets in terms of ease of use I would say. I can say that dutasteride/ finasteride tablets and minoxidil tablets is probably the strongest combo you can be on and you already are doing that. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram