61 yrs old... Been told I need 2000-3000 grafts... Just need a decent affordable surgeon who can give me a bit more hair on top! :)

JWard

Hi,

I honestly don't need a top-ranked surgeon. I'll be gone in 30 yrs or less. I just would like to be able to afford a decent crown transplant so I'm able to ditch my cap every time I go out. It doesn't need to be perfect. My hairline (provided by Dr Keane) is still pretty solid. At my age though, I need to think about my retirement and holding onto funds. That said, has anyone had good results using a doctor that was affordable?

Don't get me wrong, I respect the talent that the top-ranked surgeons provide (I used one 15 yrs ago), but I don't think I need perfection now.  I'm hoping their are interns or newly established offices out there that can work with me on price. 

If it isn't a possibility, I'll abandon the idea and close up shop here.

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, JWard said:

I honestly don't need a top-ranked surgeon. I'll be gone in 30 yrs or less.

With the greatest of respect, if you are looking at having surgery for one of the hardest area's of the scalp for a surgeon to master, then I honestly would not recommend a hair transplant. If you are starting with a budget as your number one requirement then again I would not recommend going for a hair transplant. You can always change your cap but you will never be able to change a terrible result. I would look at the recommended doctors on this forum and look at those who do great work in the crown. The risk of going for the cheapest surgery (lets say Turkey as an example) can be anything from death, lost vision, scalp necrosis, permanent shock loss to your existing hair, etc. I list these as I have seen this happen in the media and on these forums. I do hear you though as I turn 55 this Sunday and retirement funds are big on my cards too. But I would honestly weigh up which is of more value to you. Some people simply shave their heads and would never consider a hair transplant. Others can't imagine life without one (or four)! Wishing you all the best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The difference between a 'cheap' provider and a 'top-ranked' provider cannot be measured simply in dollars.  Gatsby is totally correct.  THink hard and do some realy research.  A year from now the extra $$ will be evident (and gone either way)!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

6 hours ago, JWard said:

Hi,

I honestly don't need a top-ranked surgeon. I'll be gone in 30 yrs or less. I just would like to be able to afford a decent crown transplant so I'm able to ditch my cap every time I go out. It doesn't need to be perfect. My hairline (provided by Dr Keane) is still pretty solid. At my age though, I need to think about my retirement and holding onto funds. That said, has anyone had good results using a doctor that was affordable?

Don't get me wrong, I respect the talent that the top-ranked surgeons provide (I used one 15 yrs ago), but I don't think I need perfection now.  I'm hoping their are interns or newly established offices out there that can work with me on price. 

If it isn't a possibility, I'll abandon the idea and close up shop here.

Not sure what is affordable for you but some of the cheaper but quality Drs is Dr Özlem Bicer in Turkey 1,5 euro per graft, Dr Turan & Dr Gur at FueCapilar, Dr Gur charges 1 euro a graft, Turan charges 3500 euros flat rate I am pretty sure, Dr Erkan Demirsoy 1,25 euro per graft.

If you went to Dr Keene in Arizona before, you can maybe be interested in Dr Cortez at HMR in Tijuana Mexico, they seem to do some good work at a affordable price.

Edited by digi23
  • Thanks 1