2ND HT planting technique

I hope not!!!Just had my second HT yesterday...The loops that Dr. use are such high magnification they can usually tell where existing follicles are...Besides some guys have had more than 3 or even 4 surgeries, (I think the most I have heard of is somethig like 12 by a guy who goes by the name sofarsogood) and his hair looks great.

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

Abby,

With today's ultra refined incision making tools and loupe magnification worn by the surgeon while creating incisions, unless a doctor was purposely aiming for existing hair, it would be virtually impossible to transplant new hair directly into existing hair.

Of course, doctors need to carefully make incisions following the angle and direction of existing hair follicles so as not to transect them, but skilled doctors will have no problem doing this.

Best wishes,

Bill

In addition to what has been already posted, keep in mind - hair is incredibly hard to kill once it grows, think about those who had bad plants trying to get rid of their current hairs. It's not as simple as transection by any means. There are some papers on this, but I don't have them handy.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE