minoxidil shampoo ?

my buddy sent me a pic of a shampoo he got from mexico and it has minox (forgot what %) as well as keratine and other related stuff.....anyone here have experience on anything similar? I've read on minoxmax site that it basically says its a waste since its a shampoo and you use in the shower its not on the hair long enough to produce results but he swears its made his hair thicker.....thoughts? do you think anyone starting this will experience minox shed ? 

• Administrators

I don't think a minoxidil shampoo would work. For Minoxidil to work you have to let it soak in the scalp for several hours. Shampoo would just wash off the minoxidil. In general, that is why shampoos dont work for hair loss.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 months later...
On 11/11/2021 at 4:48 PM, Gokuhairline said:

my buddy sent me a pic of a shampoo he got from mexico and it has minox (forgot what %) as well as keratine and other related stuff.....anyone here have experience on anything similar? I've read on minoxmax site that it basically says its a waste since its a shampoo and you use in the shower its not on the hair long enough to produce results but he swears its made his hair thicker.....thoughts? do you think anyone starting this will experience minox shed ? 

Remember, the shampoo will stay on your scalp for a couple of minutes and won't do much to help you. The real help comes with applying or taking the medicine as advised and prescribed by the doctors.