Problems and concerns with concealers (Toppik, Dermatch, ect) ??

I'm considering using one of the concealers however I'm concerned about the problems that come along with them.

What is the truth about all this ?   Gets on pillow, drips onto forehead,  rain, white shirts, rubs off on your/her hand, ect ect ??

Do I have to constantly check if I have black power on my clothes, face, neck ? 

Are there some that are better ?  Worse ?  Worth it compared to time spent and expense ?  Looks phoney ? 

I watched one video on here where Melvin (?) applied it, however I wear my hair dry.  Do you need to have a wet/slicked back style

for this to work properly ?   I recall he said to wet the applicator, I thought this was a dry powdery substance that was shaken on. 

Thanks......                

I have fairly minor but significant crown loss and use Toppik for it. It never gets on my pillow. It also stays firmly on my head until I take a shower. No need to worry about wind blowing it off, etc. 

Be careful to not pour too much on. Concealer looks natural but still I have anxiety sometimes that people know I am wearing it. It does blend well. 

Only put concealer on your crown

• Administrators
On 10/31/2021 at 6:29 AM, NewHare said:

I'm considering using one of the concealers however I'm concerned about the problems that come along with them.

What is the truth about all this ?   Gets on pillow, drips onto forehead,  rain, white shirts, rubs off on your/her hand, ect ect ??

Do I have to constantly check if I have black power on my clothes, face, neck ? 

Are there some that are better ?  Worse ?  Worth it compared to time spent and expense ?  Looks phoney ? 

I watched one video on here where Melvin (?) applied it, however I wear my hair dry.  Do you need to have a wet/slicked back style

for this to work properly ?   I recall he said to wet the applicator, I thought this was a dry powdery substance that was shaken on. 

Thanks......                

You don't have to use a wet style, but it definitely helps if you can use a lot of hair spray. I think applying to dry hair with some hair spray is enough to work, but it will get on your pillow overnight. I believe some product will help keep the fibers in place and the hair spray is the cherry on top.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/2/2021 at 7:52 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

You don't have to use a wet style, but it definitely helps if you can use a lot of hair spray. I think applying to dry hair with some hair spray is enough to work, but it will get on your pillow overnight. I believe some product will help keep the fibers in place and the hair spray is the cherry on top.

I see then you really need to use product or you'll wind up with it on your pillow, and probably elsewhere.

I don't normally use product and don't think from experience it would look good. So I guess I really can't use any of these concealers.

Thanks guys....  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, NewHare said:

I see then you really need to use product or you'll wind up with it on your pillow, and probably elsewhere.

I don't normally use product and don't think from experience it would look good. So I guess I really can't use any of these concealers.

Thanks guys....  

I recommend washing it out at night, but yea if you’re trying to go to sleep with it on, probably best not to use product.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I recommend washing it out at night, but yea if you’re trying to go to sleep with it on, probably best not to use product.

Thanks Melvin !  Just to clarify when you say best not to use product. Are you refering to the concealers themselves or hair 'product' such as hair spray, ect. 

I'd love to use toppik, but my hair looks much worse when wet or even with any conditioner in it. I have to just shampoo and blow dry to give it some volume I guess.  Damn hair loss is a real curse !