Would 1000 be enough?

Definitely stay with the small dots…donor zones can thin out with age for some individuals and large dots would be a problem.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

24 minutes ago, gillenator said:

Definitely stay with the small dots…donor zones can thin out with age for some individuals and large dots would be a problem.

That's what I think...      I was trying to get a respected smp artist Mirko to clear that up on another post.  I do know he used 0.30 size for the small dots and the results not only look great on a skin fade, but they look undetectable in pics.  

When I go back for smp consult...  Now I know what size needle they should be using.    Cause you can actually see the bigger smp dots on some pics when they are trying for density with longer hair. 

• Like 1

I totally agree with you Etownone…stay with the smaller ones…these SMP techs/artists should ask every client if they have donor thinning in their family histories and if they ever intend to wear a shorter hair style, especially a fade.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• Moderators
On 10/29/2021 at 9:38 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Man I feel like you can look amazing with some toppik

Yes. At this point I think I can look like I have a completely full head of hair. I have DermMatch and one of these days I'm going to try it just for fun. I awsn't able to get a good look with it in the past because I had too may completely bald areas, but with the BHT filling all of those areas with at least a thin base of grafts, I'm sure it would look great now with the DermMatch I have

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Very cool!

Gillenator

• 3 weeks later...

To update... 

I was extremely lucky to get an in person consultation with Dr Mwamba in NJ.  

What a difference ....   He really took the time to inspect the hair on my head,   use his pen camera to take pics of different areas and then count hairs on screen to see which areas he could extract from.   He pointed out all my weak spots...    And to my surprise,    he said he could extract 800-1200 grafts from my scalp,  and another 1000 from my beard.   

His prices were more then fair,  and I got a discount if I allowed my pics to be used on his website.  (pics are to be taken above eyebrows to remain anonymous) 

Needless to say,  I left the office feeling hopeful and excited. I booked my surgery with him for Jan 31, Feb1.   

• Like 2

Congrats my good friend!

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

These pens allow the doctor to view a 1cm surface area and as the pen moves throughout the donor zone, he can calculate donor density along with viewing the quality of the hair shafts…works with the same premise as the densiometer.

Gillenator