A week hair restoration please guys help

Please can I put a castor oil on my recipient transplanted area after a hair transplant in 7 days, please I need an answer someone should help me, I hope I didn’t damage my follicles, I’m so scared cos I did just once instructed by my surgeon 

Edited by Franklyn

• Franklyn changed the title to A week hair restoration please guys help
  • Administrators

Yea that’s fine.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Anxiety is worse than the procedure itself.
Follow your doctors instructions. :)

Castor oil will not harm you in any way, I assume your doctor recommended it so it would soften up scabs?

Edited by SeanToman

2 hours ago, SeanToman said:

Anxiety is worse than the procedure itself.
Follow your doctors instructions. :)

As someone very prone to anxiety if I don't stay on top of it, I must say this is very accurate. ;)

@Franklyn As you move through the next several months, do your best to stay present and don't let the negative thoughts gain too much traction. You can help yourself out by staying informed about what the upcoming months will entail for you, listening to your surgeon and following his instructinos, and accepting the fact it will take several months before you start seeing results. In fact, you'll likely soon look worse before you start to look better. We often refer to this as the ugly duckling stage, so mentally prepare yourself for that. 

I'm glad you found some relief here with this first little scare. Hopefully it will put you at ease enough so that you don't add additional stress to yourself in the months ahead.

Happy growing! 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56