DermMatch

Hi All

I have been watching a few videos on DermMatch and it looks pretty realistic. I have also been watching some of Melvin’s videos and his hair looks great and I have watched Rolandos video on YouTube and seems to hide his HT well. 

Whats everyone’s thoughts on using it after a HT? Does it look realistic or does it look ridiculous up close. Does it help with the ugly duckling phase. 

There are mixed reviews on it on the internet, therefore I am undecided. 

I will look forward to people’s response. 

Many thanks 

I think the success of pretty much any concealer depends mostly on what the circumstances of the person using it are.

If you're using it on an area that is completely bald and devoid of hair, you'll probably struggle for it to look any good or realistic, but if there is some native hair for things to blend or attach into, then it can usually look pretty good as long as you don't go overboard with application, get the colour correct etc.

Probably just best to buy some and try it out for yourself as you will know if it's any good for your specific situation then, nothing to lose in doing so. 

Thanks JDEE0. There is a money back guarantee if you buy in the US, however I am unsure it they provide it in the Uk. If they do it’s worth giving it a go. I have had success with Topikk but I’m concerned it may look ridiculous after a HT

I have been keeping my head shaved/buzzed since lockdown, but I was using Dermmatch and hair fibers like Toppik (cheaper brand called X-Fusion on amazon that works just as good). I used medium brown then, but it doesn't look right when my hair is buzzed down to about a zero guard. At that extremely short length my hair is more of a black/greyish color. From what I understand that's pretty much the same for everybody, and its only when you're hair gets longer that the coloring comes out. So I bought some black Dermmatch and if you apply it with the brush lightly its grey and blends surprisingly well. Can even help conceal scarring. And you can use your finger to blend it to, kind of like using your finger to smudge/blend pencil on a paper drawing. Looked good enough for indoor lighting situations or even outdoor if no one was getting real close to me. If you are getting a pretty big transplant, especially fue, where you need to buzz your hair down anyway, you may want to try some of that. 

Edited by ciaus

Thanks Ciaus

DermMatch in the uk don’t provide a money back guarantee, however I emailed them and they provide sample pots for £5.99. I have ordered the black so I will give it a try. 👍